Light-O-Rama Forums

Traffic?

Dcroc

Like dgrant I too experienced the Frozen crowds...I think dcroc its just a combination of things that will draw the people....Location is a big one....ease of access to see the lights, word of mouth. Probably not a very good idea to advertise, believe me they will come when word gets out. Somehow the News will find out and if they are interested enough the next thing you know your neighbor will call you and say  " is that your house on the news"?  LOL..yes that happened. SONG CHOICE I have been doing this for  5 years now and each year it seems that the traffic although manageable has gotten larger. I have changed my show a bit in that I first started Sequencing songs I like ( all Christmas themed) but now I have added the popular non christmas songs that  kids of all ages  love ...Frozen...Call me maybe....Light It Up!....and so on...you get the idea.

Um, I believe my house was featured first in that segment ;)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ezimnow

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• Dcroc

Yeah, I have bought into having to do popular songs for Christmas, but Halloween will always be about me, and what I like.  If others like it, good. If not, oh well.  

Plasma drive has a very good show and a lot of traffic that goes with it. I tried to go by around 5-6 before the crowds started so I could stop and talk to him. Great guy I wish I knew what he knows about Xmas lights.

Thankfully even though I'm on the official tacky light tour, I'm still one of the smaller shows. So I don't have to worry about the insanity that the others around me endure.

• The topic was locked