Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer Plays, But Minimizes

Cheski

Visualizer minimizes when I click on the sequence editor play button.  I then have to click to maximize the visualizer to see the animation.  The animation does work properly.  The visualizer is checked on in the sequence editor play tool bar and all the channel names are the same.  Anytime the visualizer is on the screen and I click on the sequence editor the visualizer minimizes.  I have Standard software version 3.11.  Any ideas on how to keep the visualizer from minimizing?  

Thanks

Cheski

Does the Visualizer minimize or does the Sequence Editor come to the front blocking the view of the visualizer?  If so, this is standard Windows functionality.  I recall hearing that there is a setting in Visualizer to always make it the front window when it is receiving commands, but I don't need that (and have never looked for it) as I have visualizer on one monitor and the Sequence editor on the other monitor.

Actually, I checked again and you are correct.  The sequence editor moves to the front.  Thanks, now I just have to figure out how to set the visualizer so it stays in the foreground.

Found the answer.  In the visualizer under file options, there is a box to check that brings the simulation screen in visualizer to the front of all screens. 

That is what I figured was happening.

Now that I'm in front of my computer, I found it.  On visualizer:

menu > File > options

Tab 6 Com/Ref

Bottom section is a checkbox for "Force Simulation Window to Front"

Check that box.