Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB Unit ID Assignments for Visualizer

bravado67

Since one gateway or controller manages power and controls two 50 light sets I figured the box would use one ID. However, when configuring Visualizer it assigns each set with its own Unit ID. My question is does the gateway/controller support two IDs or am I supposed to manually configure the 100 lights to work from one ID on the gateway/controller? At least my configuration is working in SuperStar. I used CCR Wizard to create rooflines and windows. Thanks for any help offered.

CCBs can be configured in one of several ways.  The two most common ways are to have the controller appear as one unit with 320 channels, and one ID for each string.  As with many things, there are advantages to each.  I use my CCPs as two IDs for each controller - one for each string.  I had never tried to map mine the other way so I had not seen that characteristic in visualizer.  Just tried it, and sure enough, just as you observed.

• Like 1

I want to be able to control certain sections of my CCBs on the eaves so trying to figure out how to do this. I have 17', 16', 8.5', 8.5', 16', 14.5', etc... sections I want to control independently. Am I better off cutting to length or can software help with this? I have decided to use CCRs for windows and make 16' pvc frames to outline each section. Thanks again for your help.

Ron

Yes, you can set up sections any way you wish in Visualizer (and then import to SuperStar).

Yes, you can set up sections any way you wish in Visualizer (and then import to SuperStar).

Cool but how do I tell the software to use the first 17 feet or 34 bulbs to act as a section and so on?