Light-O-Rama Forums

Assigning Unit IDs for Color Cosmic Bulbs or Ribbons in Visualizer

bravado67

I have been working with LOR Support for a few days on this and feel I am spinning in my wheels. Perhaps you folks can help.

I am planning next year's show and am trying to lay out the lighting I want in Visualizer. I want to use CCBs and CCRs. I am using the CCR Draw Wizard for my eaves. There are two strings (50 bulbs each) for each controller. Support says to add +1 or (PLUS ONE) to the second strand and keep the same Unit ID. Visualizer will not let me do this. I get errors about pixels. Support told me to go to the Hardware Utility and choose Dual Mode. I can't do that because I don't have the controllers. I want to lay this out to help me decide how many and which controllers to get. The only way I have this working with Super Star is by giving each 50 bulb string its own Unit ID. I have rad the manuals about CCBs and Pixel Addressing options. ie Mast/Slave but I find nowhere in Visualizer to set this up, nor can I add +1 to a string of CCBs. I am pulling my hair out at this point just to stay in the LOR world. Is this one of the reasons so many jump into the DMX world? I appreciate any advice. I am including my Visualizer file if that help. 

I quickly added more Mini Trees, a Mega Tree and a Star. I attempted to put the Mega Tree and Star on another Network (Aux A) but Super Star did not like that. I though I could start over with Unit ID 1 on Aux A network. So I put everything back on Regular Network with last Unit Id being 44. It all shows up in Super Star but when I test with Instant Sequence none of my Snowflakes turn on. I can manually sequence these to turn on. This leads me to think too much is on one network? Eaves are CCBs, Mini Trees are CCPs, Arches and Mega Tree are CCRs. Not sure what to use for the Mega Tree Star. It has 5 layers.

Ron

408 Edgewood for 2016_V2.lee

When you add the Cosmic Devices into the Sequence Editor, +1 option there in the config for the device. That will give it two ID's which you will see when you expand the CCD (Cosmic Color Device) and look at the addresses of the two strings.

That would then resolve issues in the Viz. If you have 100 bulbs in the Viz, you are going to have Unit ID 1, 1-150 (50 pixles) and Unit ID 2, 1-150 (50 pixels.) (Pick whichever unitID's you want, btw.)

When you add the Cosmic Devices into the Sequence Editor, +1 option there in the config for the device. That will give it two ID's which you will see when you expand the CCD (Cosmic Color Device) and look at the addresses of the two strings.

That would then resolve issues in the Viz. If you have 100 bulbs in the Viz, you are going to have Unit ID 1, 1-150 (50 pixles) and Unit ID 2, 1-150 (50 pixels.) (Pick whichever unitID's you want, btw.)

Light Bulb! So SS doesn't care about this. This only becomes important for setting up within Sequence Editor for mapping to make the show work, right? That makes sense. Since I am still designing what I want in, on and around the house I have not set anything up in Sequence Editor. I assume the purpose is to design in Visualizer, Sequence in SS and export to SE where the mapping takes place as well as additional sequencing if necessary. Am I close?

Also, I Scrunched my pixels when bringing in the Visualization file which gives more real estate space on the screen. Does it matter that I have everything, so far, on one network? Will I have latency issues from one network? If I add Aux A why can I not start from Unit ID 1? It wants me to start with the next Unit ID from Regular Network. BTW, thanks for your help!

Ron

Just because it wants you to start from 01, doesn't mean you have to.

I didn't look at the Viz file, so I have no idea what you are planning to run. However, I've tested with up to 24 strings of CCB's before and not had a problem on a high speed network. This was before Pixel Editor and Enhanced networks. Whatever you end up doing, try to plan your networks out ahead of time. It will save yourself some troubles.

You can start from Unit ID 1 on the AuxA network. Make sure LOR LIstener is running or the prop will not display in Visualizer.