Light-O-Rama Forums

karldrahovsky

Hello...

Last year's sequences... adding new stuff.  I have a new Config file with updated information, more controllers changed tracks. As I import to existing sequences, it breaks out my groups/controllers.  (i.e. my 12 CCRs turn into 12x150+ individual channels.)  I want them to stay grouped and my channels from my "Master" track on my config file just appended.

KD

Importing does not de-group unless something is wrong.     What you are seeing is the import process does not know what to do with leftover channels.   

Sounds like the config you are importing has fewer channels than the sequence you are importing into.    The source config needs to have every channel and in the same order. It cant contain just the new stuff if that is what you are doing.   If you have fewer, than yes all the groups are removed but every channel is preserved.

The normal process is to start with a sequence from last year,  add your new channels to the bottom of first track using SE.    Export that config and import into all the others you are upgrading from last year. 

Bob's method is solid.  In fact, for large channel counts it's the ONLY way to go.

What he didn't mention was that you can't change the order of your existing channels from previous years.  If you do, copying your new configuration over the old will result in unrepairable gibberish.