Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating CCR Representation in Visualizer

rcolving

I hope someone can help me.  I have been attempting to put three CCR Arches on my visualizer of my set up for this year.  No matter what I try I can't get them to appear on the visualizer. Can anyone give me some guidance on how to do this.  I'd like to have them on it so I can see how the final product will look.

Thank you in advance!

Sorry, but here is the error I get.

There are one or more errors with your simulation that prevent it from running.  Please correct these errors and try again.
Main CCR Fixture Arch 1 - CCR 01 does not have exactly 50 pixels.  Check all child CCRs.
Fixture Arch 1 - CCR 02 does not have a main CCR Fixture.
Fixture Arch 1 - CCR 03 does not have a main CCR Fixture.
Fixture Arch 1 - CCR 04 does not have a main CCR Fixture.
Fixture Arch 1 - CCR 05 does not have a main CCR Fixture.
Fixture Arch 1 - CCR 06 does not have a main CCR Fixture.
Fixture Arch 1 - CCR 07 does not have a main CCR Fixture.
Fixture Arch 1 - CCR 08 does not have a main CCR Fixture.
Fixture Arch 1 - CCR 09 does not have a main CCR Fixture.
Fixture Arch 1 - CCR 10 does not have a main CCR Fixture.

The vis allows you to create segments of a CCR.   The segments need to add up to 50.  Or You may have the network or unit id wrong on a pixel here or there.

If you post the file somewhere I will look at it for you. 

Most errors that prevent the Visualizer from going into simulation mode are caused by Cosmic Color Devices that are not properly defined. Please keep the following in mind when creating your Visualizer: 

1 - Unlike other channels and fixtures, pixels of Cosmic Color devices can NOT be duplicated in the Visualizer. You are allowed only 1 pixel per Network/Unit ID/Channel. 

2 - Devices that have more than 50 pixels, for example Cosmic Color Bulbs and Cosmic Color Pixels, must be defined as DUAL NORMAL. When a CCB/CCP is in dual normal mode, the first string is identified with the assigned unit ID, the second as the assigned Unit ID +1. See http://www.lightorama.com/help/configuring_units.htm#configuringcosmiccolorribbons. 

3 - The Visualizer allows you to divide up Cosmic Color Ribbons and strings of CCBs or CCPs into multiple fixtures, called 'Master and Slave' or 'Parent and Child'. The Master or Parent fixture is the fixture that contains pixel #1. The Slaves or Children of this fixture have the IDENTICAL Network and Unit. See http://www.lightorama.com/help/using_cosmic_color_devices_in_.htm 

When the Visualizer is put into simulation mode, all of the defined Cosmic Color Devices are 'compiled'. CCDs with identical Network and Unit IDs are assembled into a single entity to be simulated. When all of the CCDs are assembled they MUST: 

1 - Consist of EXACTLY 50 pixels. No more, no less. 
2 - No pixel can be duplicated anywhere 
3 - 50 pixels must be CONTIGUOUS. That means that pixels 1-50 MUST be present without any gaps or duplicates. 

If you can not enter simulation mode due to CCD errors, check the following: 

1 - There can only be ONE fixture that contains pixel #1 of any Network/Unit ID combination. IE, duplicate MASTER or FULL CCDs are NOT permitted. 

2 - When using Master/Slave fixtures, ensure all the slaves have the SAME Network & Unit ID of their parent.

I have a visualizer question.  Can I view a show using visualizer?  I use the visualizer for creating and editing sequences, and I really appreciate the tool.  I just want to see what a show would look like without having to wait until everything is connected. 

I have a visualizer question.  Can I view a show using visualizer?  I use the visualizer for creating and editing sequences, and I really appreciate the tool.  I just want to see what a show would look like without having to wait until everything is connected. 

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/16306-have-you-read-the-tutorial-yet/

Thanks for the info, but I still can't view a "show."  My sequence editor talks to my visualizer already (awesome sauce by the way, I was able to see how good/bad the sequence may look).

Since the show files are .las and not .lms, I cannot open the show file in the sequence editor to "preview" the show itself with the sequences "strung together."

If I open each of the sequences in my show in the sequence editor and select "play all sequences" from the menu, I receive the error: "Only one musical sequence can be played at a time.  Please close all but one musical sequence before playing."

I am looking for a way to see the sequences, as they would appear in my show back to back visually.

Exit the sequence editor, and start the Light-O-Rama Control Panel. Right-click, and make sure "Use LOR Visualizer" is checked. Start the Visualizer. Then run your show.

This is assuming you are running on the same PC that will run your show, and that you have at least one USB-485 connected.

• 1 month later...

So if I read this correctly - I cannot play anything through the Visualizer unless I connect a USB-485 (and maybe one controller)???

I am having setup problems and perhaps this is the piece I am missing, too.

rcolving:

I went into the visualizer and opened up the samples and selected the 4 CCR circles. I removed the bottom half of the circles to create 4 arches. Then change the controller & channel settings to what I plan on using. Then saved it as a CCR arches.  Then imported it into SuperStar to sequence.