• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lightzilla

• Ron Boyd

• 75redman

• oilmoney

I keep having set backs. A cold is running thru the house, my work is running me late during the week, and my back is flaring up. O yeah one bulb out of the 7500 went out during my test and it happens to be close to th top of a peak on the roof. Only one week left and 1000 lights to go.

30000 lights up and tested, one green string failed on one of my mini trees, easy fix, 10 or so hours of sequencing left to go and just have to put out the donation bin...

Mine are done, system is in a hot-standy mode with controllers powered up and waiting for the show player to start it on Thanksgiving night at 6Pm.

Everything that is installed and hooked up is running as planned. I'm still waiting on Plasma Icicles from diyledexpress.com. Once they arrive, I need to do a burn-in and make sure they will work properly, then get them installed. If time allows, I have 2 other elements to get installed, but those may have to wait until after we go live. I might be able to get one of them in before Friday. 

Be safe everybody.

Happy lighting.

Got a whole lot more done today!  I just have to replace burned out bulbs on the three ten foot, 3600 light trees and then put the presents out.  Other than that, it's just little things like hanging a banner and placing "warning" signs and putting out the candy cane border.

And to think I took all of next week off to work on the display... hmmm.... maybe I should try to finally make a 10' Weber tree... or maybe a fanarch? :)

I am not sure what has happened this year.

I look at things and say this should be quick, I will have it done in no time.

I spent all day Friday working on the display and never touched a light.

It took all day just running the SPT wire and installing the ends.

Today I had my wife's help, she decorated the Christmas trees and I move two 16ft trailers of compost to cover the wires I laid yesterday.

I still have a third of the house to trim and a bunch of displays to set up.

I'm basically on schedule, I have 2 more songs I would like to add not sure if that's going to happen or not. I have to add lights to one more element, and add a few more strobes to my mega tree, them my setup is complete.

If I keep this pace up I should be just about on schedule. The added mega pixel tree is completed and ready to be installed. The rest is already up and waiting.

I should be done today.  Started Thursday.  22-23 degrees on Thursday and Friday, Saturday 44, and today should be 48 by 1pm.  I caught a break in the weather!

I had a really good weekend (T-shirt weather BTW).  Got the last of the lights up and the FM is transmitting away.  So the hardware is almost 100%  Just need to put up the Tune To sign on Friday.  I have a couple minor tweeks on some of the sequencing now that I've seen it on real lights.  I have one more song I should finish before lights on Friday evening, and I'll likely get 1 or two more during the season.  Watched the whole show this morning before leaving for work and am pretty happy with what I saw.

I ran a family show last night. All that I saw wrong was a delay in loading and lost some strings during the play. Now I didn't have the option check to load before needed and I had not disabled the AV software and disconnect from the internet. Thursday night, no AV and no internet connection on purpose and the box will be checked to load before. Otherwise, it was all sparkling nice! Family was very pleased

I've actually impressed myself.  This is my first year and I'm starting with 208 standard channels and 144 RGB channels.  I built three sets of leaping arches (RGB - 4 arches per set), a set of 5 light stacking towers, and all of the other lights I put up around the yard (I live on the edge of a cull-de-sack so I have three sides to try and light up).  Thanks to a whole lot of planning (and a lot of tips & tricks I learned from reading the forums) it all came together with very few problems.  Now I'm just putting the final touches on my sequences to make sure they don't draw too much power!

Joel

• The topic was locked