Light-O-Rama Forums

Are you On Schedule?

75redman

Are you On Schedule?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Are you On Schedule?

I'm perfectly on schedule to be just as behind as last year. The wife even said the other day "you'd better get started!".

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lightzilla

• Ron Boyd

• 75redman

• oilmoney

I've thought about the 2014 display. Does that count?

Actually, I've started building the new mini-trees for this year. 

Programming? Haven't even started. Whoops.

Behind, Behind, Behind and when I turn around I'm still Behind. But regardless there will be a show. No one  but myself will know if I got  everything done that I planned on doing.

Pretty much on schedule as sequencing is completed and new prop frames completed. My only delay is my light order which has been delayed into August because the manufacture is 30 days behind schedule. Hope it's not extended as that would put me behind schedule.

I've got three songs sequenced so far + the THX opening... I'm not sure how many I'll get this year, but I'll get what I get, ykwim?

Did find some AWESOME old (heavy) reindeer, sleigh, bell and wreath wire frames at THREE DOLLARS EACH that I'm now going to have to add into my display somewhere. (heh-heh-heh)

I also want to buy some of those LED dripping light sticks and I swear, that's IT for new purchases... for this year. ;)

I also want to buy some of those LED dripping light sticks and I swear, that's IT for new purchases... for this year. ;)

I don't think you can say that.  Because there will be a good deal on something by the end of the year. :P  :D

Adding 1 singing character and 32 channels I've already added those to my existing sequences and as George Simmons said what will be ready for December 1st will be OK ; always someting unfinished to end for the next year...

And bye for now... I have new songs to synce...

• 2 weeks later...

Show me the Money!!!!  Behind becasue I just can't get the funds together....  Just weh I am ready to purchase, something major breaks and gotta use the money for that... 

I'll admit I'm behind, But to be fair I'm always behind schedule and somehow pull it off.

With only 160 until Christmas I'm right where I was this time last year, maybe tomorrow I'll start this years sequencing ;^}

Cheers

Daryl B.

With only 160 until Christmas I'm right where I was this time last year, maybe tomorrow I'll start this years sequencing ;^}

Cheers

Daryl B.

I started making a motorized teeter totter.  Will as far as sequencing goes at least I have the various timing marks done on various songs. The Matrix is another question. I may make a ccr tree this year in stead of the Matrix but we shall see. Hang in there fellow Canadian. We went through Prince George last summer on our way to Prince Rupert. (surprise)

Edited by lightzilla

Cheers

Daryl B.

That's the way I have been every year before this year, this year I got everything together and started sequencing in January, now almost complete. Those tutorial videos that john storms made finally made something click that I could enjoy sequencing instead of dreading and waiting all year lol

. Those tutorial videos that john storms made finally made something click that I could enjoy sequencing instead of dreading and waiting all year lol

John Storms has a top notch display that is for sure. Good example to learn from.

Edited by lightzilla

On schedule (I think), but still have a lot to do. Last year was my first year and it was just a single 1602 controller using only 8 channels on my indoor tree (dipping my toe in the water). This year bought another 1602 and a E682 to jump in with both feet and 1821 channels. Because this is basically my first year with RGB, props, outdoor infrastructure, etc...I have a lot to build. I am planning a 12x50 pixel tree using 2811 nodes, 6 channel star, 4 stick trees with LED strings, 8 music notes (instead of mini trees), snowfall tubes, and the LED strings on the house eaves. Only doing 6 songs this year using purchased CCR sequences converted to pixel nodes for the pixel tree and enhancing them to take in all other props.

Got the sequences close to where I want them, got the pixel tree built (banding strap flat 12 strip tree), stick trees ready to go, and the design for the music notes. Still have to build the notes, attach the nodes to the banding straps for the pixel tree, and design my cabling layout.

I think I will make it :)

-Paul

• 4 months later...

I am all done just waiting on one CCR to to come in post to replace one that is not working right on my 12 CCR tree all lights on roof gutter windows dumb rgbs on gutter and fence so just need to change out the one CCR and then all ready to rock and roll