Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm a newbie who is terribly confused. HELP!

tonybiviano

I read the tutorial three times but still don't understand. I put a picture of my house in the background, and added my decorations. How do I assign my decorations to a channel? I have two LOR Pro Series units, so I'll have 32 channels (right?). I want to assign each of my decorations to one of the 32 channels. I have simple decorations, no RGB or fancy stuff. Basically it's mostly string lights.

How do I assign each of my decorations (string lights) to a channel?

I'm still not understanding the "Fixtures" vs "Props" stuff. Can you dumb it down for me?

Under "Fixture Properties", what are "Levels"? I see that 1 is the background, but what does that mean, and what do the higher levels mean?

Is there a better way to find help with this stuff???

Thanks!!

post-14076-0-33841900-1398389140_thumb.j

Double click a fixture on the right to open the properties.  Click the assigned channels to get the familiar panel where you enter the network (regular) unit and channel.   The same as you did in your Sequence Editor configuration. 

Visualizer also lets you load a reference file.  It can be an exported config or a sequence.    Then you can look at each fixture and see if it is what you want.   

viz%20channels.jpg

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Tony, I feel your pain!!  It can be very overwhelming.  Especially when using CCR's and then pixels.  I have had trouble as well.  I spend hours just experimenting with things trying to figure out what does what.  When I'm stuck I do what you are doing read the help section and then post a question. The people on here are great at helping.  

Check out this video,

I know it was intended for visualizations for Superstar but it will cover many of the same points that you asked about.  Let me know it you need more help!
  • Like 1

I read the tutorial three times but still don't understand. I put a picture of my house in the background, and added my decorations. How do I assign my decorations to a channel? I have two LOR Pro Series units, so I'll have 32 channels (right?). I want to assign each of my decorations to one of the 32 channels. I have simple decorations, no RGB or fancy stuff. Basically it's mostly string lights.

How do I assign each of my decorations (string lights) to a channel?

Since Bob and Ralph answered these, I'll move on to the others.

I'm still not understanding the "Fixtures" vs "Props" stuff. Can you dumb it down for me? A prop is a collection of fixtures. For example, if you're doing mini trees, you would create one mini tree. Copy it and paste it 7 more times, (assuming 8 mini trees). Place them on your visualizer stage in the position of your choosing. Click on the create prop button (the second row, looks likw 3 pages stacked on top of each other). Name the prop, example "Mini Trees". Click OK and a Prop Properties box will appear. Under "Associated Fixtures", there are numbered lines 1-64, click on the first box, select Mini # 1, second box down, Mini # 2, etc. Now, click "OK". You now have a prop made up of 8 fixtures. You can then run the "Rename Wizard" and the "Channel Wizard" to set-up the channels on that prop.

Under "Fixture Properties", what are "Levels"? I see that 1 is the background, but what does that mean, and what do the higher levels mean? This just gives depth to the stage. The # 1 (Background) would be things at the extreme back of the stage and each level after that brings the prop or fixture a level closer to the front. There are some Visualizer tutorials on this forum for LOR software: http://www.christmascarolina.com/forums/video-tutorials/

Is there a better way to find help with this stuff???

Thanks!!

attachicon.gifVisualizer.jpg

Tony, I feel your pain!!  It can be very overwhelming.  Especially when using CCR's and then pixels.  I have had trouble as well.  I spend hours just experimenting with things trying to figure out what does what.  When I'm stuck I do what you are doing read the help section and then post a question. The people on here are great at helping.  

Check out this video,

I know it was intended for visualizations for Superstar but it will cover many of the same points that you asked about.  Let me know it you need more help!

THank you Ralph! I ignored the video because I wasn't sure what SuperStar is/was. The video was very helpful!