Light-O-Rama Forums

ActiDongle with DMX lights

msjones2452

I'm using the Holiday Coro Actidongle to run a 27 channel controller and three 3 channel controllers also from Holiday Coro using the S3 software. 

My question is: has anyone tried running any DMX stage type lights with this setup?  I am looking at a couple of RGB DMX lights as well as a DMX UV light that I found for fairly cheap.  I assume ;) that I could just run a DMX 3-pin cable from the 27 channel controller to the first DMX light, set the address accordingly and sequence in LOR as regular channels set to DMX.  Everything I'm using right now is set to RGB channels because that's all I'm using. The DMX lights I'm looking at use 4 channels, so I couldn't use the RGB option in LOR (right?)

as long as it is dmx it will work just make sure to check the voltage it takes for the lights many stage lights use 120 or 240 volts for power

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of Curiosity, is the 27 channel controller you are referring to the one that Holiday Coro Sells?  And also what DMX lights are you referring to that use 4 channels?

cgreenfield

Yes, I have the HolidayCoro 27 channel controller.  I found a relatively inexpensive DMX light on Amazon that states it uses 4 channels. I haven't done a lot of research on it yet, I wanted to find out if it would work with my controller first.