Light-O-Rama Forums

What to do if LOR II is not released in time.

CUTTHEMUSIC

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robin

• tallan

• Tim Fischer

• richardh

Guest wbottomley

Robin wrote:

You Yankees!
Down here we deep fry our turkeys.
But I did find the toggle that turns on the pot.:D

Alright Robin... I'm south of the mason-dixon line:P

And always have been.:D

Can't anyone enjoy Thanksgiving the traditional way...by gathering up the family, heading to the local diner, and let them serve the turkey dinner to you? Free ice cream, too!!!

jeffandnicole wrote:

Can't anyone enjoy Thanksgiving the traditional way...by gathering up the family, heading to the local diner, and let them serve the turkey dinner to you? Free ice cream, too!!!

"Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-RAAAA Rah Rah Rah Rah"...

(someone here's gotta get that reference..., even though it was Christmas not Thanksgiving...)

-Tim

Ok here is how ya do it.

Get ya one of them thar big pots and puts it on a gas far. Then throw in abouts 5 gallons of peanut oil.

We use peanut oil so we don't call the fire wagon like Jeff had to,

Then ya let that oil get up to about 350 and make sure your bird is pretty dry and drop that thag right in thar.

We drop it in head first cause if you put the other end in first then that thar bird will fly right out the pot.

Posted this on PC the other day, seems Friday may be a sick day too.

Tony Chachere's Deep Fried Turkey Recipe. You can either buy your own injection sauce in numerous flavors, or you can make your own using the following (I used to use cayenne pepper and water).

1 tbspn Worcestershire sauce
2 tbspn creole mustard
6 oz garlic juice
6 oz onion juice
3 oz red pepper sauce (I use Louisiana Gold)
1/2 cup tony Chachere's creole seasoning (less salt)
8 oz water
1 910-14 lb turkey
deep pot and gas burner for cooking outdoors (not in the garage or beneath an eave)
5 gallons of peanut oil

Note: there are fried turkey kits that have a base, hook and stand that make things easier. If you do not have one, use a high temp pot that is deep enough to submerge a turkey.

BLend the 1st 7 ingredients in a jar and refrigerate for 2 days. Using a large chef's syringe, inject the turkey with the marinade. Rub turkey with additional mustard and season generously with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.

COOKING MUST BE DONE OUTDOORS

Place oil in pot and heat to 350 degrees. Submerge turkey and allow it to fry for 4 minutes per pound. Remove carefully and wrap in foil until ready to serve.

source: Tony Chachere's recipe for Deep Fried Turkey.

Note: I am not a big fan of mustard, but rubbing the turkey with the mustard and sprinkling it with the seasoning makes a world of difference in the flavoring.