• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plasmadrive

• Papa6058

• mikid

• TonyD

I'm in the market for just about everything you mentioned. Please keep me posted! Thanks!

All my props, controllers, cable, LEDs, All of it will be up for sale soon.

Neighbors have become an issues..   I don't want to force them to deal with the traffic.  

I don't have any details yet.. but I will keep you all posted. 

Dang Plasma,

Really sorry to hear this. You sir are one of the few that I can have a good agreement or argue with. I think we were able to realize that we both would defend out position till proven otherwise and not take it personally. Thanks for the discussions and advice. Hope you hang around.

Max. I still love a good argument :)

PLASMA ... what about doing a commercial display  ?? there has to be a solution.

Holdman had the same issue a while back (3 or 4 years ??)  he found a solution, PLEASE... do NOT commit "Light-o-cide" I need you, the forum needs you... MAX needs you.......

:) Greg :)

Please do look into the commercial, I was at one of the out door malls this year and they had a nice static display, but a friend has a bunch of controllers and was going to see about doing the malls light display as what they had was nice, but not stunning.

I did absolutely nothing at my house this year for xmas because of the neighbors. Only lights on was my front porch. For Halloween I did only my lawn on a smaller scale for 1 day only....doesn't seem worth it for 1 day. I would like to keep it at my house too, but just not an option.

Go with a plan B. Take a year off....most of the visitors will think you have closed shop and wont return. Return on a smaller scale. Or move to a commercial location like other suggested. I know nothing is better than your own home...but I guess that's the curse of having a great show like yours. People want to see it.

I wonder if an announcement asking people to behave as if the show was across the street from their own home would help at all.

I had just such an announcement every song rotation.. You know that expression "in one ear and out the other"... I applies

Dang Plasma,

Really sorry to hear this. You sir are one of the few that I can have a good agreement or argue with. I think we were able to realize that we both would defend out position till proven otherwise and not take it personally. Thanks for the discussions and advice. Hope you hang around.

Hi Max,

Thanks for the words..

I may hang some.. I just watched some posts on Youtube of what others posted.. got all choked up..  This is going to be a rough year if I can't figure it out..

Craig

I did absolutely nothing at my house this year for xmas because of the neighbors. Only lights on was my front porch. For Halloween I did only my lawn on a smaller scale for 1 day only....doesn't seem worth it for 1 day. I would like to keep it at my house too, but just not an option.

Go with a plan B. Take a year off....most of the visitors will think you have closed shop and wont return. Return on a smaller scale. Or move to a commercial location like other suggested. I know nothing is better than your own home...but I guess that's the curse of having a great show like yours. People want to see it.

Hi Kevin,

I am thinking a Charlie Brown tree in the center of the lawn next year.. :wacko:

I think I the traffic issue can't be resolved to the satisfaction of the hood.. (except the guy next door).... It will all go for sale.  I have one new possible idea.  Should know in about two weeks.. If that doesn't pan out.. I am officially done... Not real interested in a commercial spot me thinks..

Max. I still love a good argument :)

PLASMA ... what about doing a commercial display  ?? there has to be a solution.

Holdman had the same issue a while back (3 or 4 years ??)  he found a solution, PLEASE... do NOT commit "Light-o-cide" I need you, the forum needs you... MAX needs you.......

:) Greg :)

Hey Greg,

I appreciate everyone's idea about doing a commercial site.. but I do this for my wife and myself.. and my family of course.. So if I can't do it here.. "light-o-cide" it will be.  Should know in about two weeks..  I pretty much have accepted the reality that I am done. 

Seems every time I do something for the public it gets popular quickly.  When I put together Halloween "stuff" (high power lasers, wiggle lights, special effects and sound) back in the early 90s I was at least able to get the "hood" to all join in after the 2nd year.  Our last year doing that was 1995.  We had about 3500 people go thru our court in 3 hours.   News trucks there for three years in a row... Was fun.  I moved here and thought this was going to be fun in the country.. Well, it has been for 3 years.. Had a static display for years before that.  This one became so popular so quickly that the traffic is the issue.  200-300 cars a night on a narrow dead end road is tough.

We shall see in about 2 weeks what happens.

I understand the traffic situation. Most likely it will never get to the satisfaction of you hood.

If you plan doesn't pan out...really thinking about maybe moving to the mall or popular shopping center or even the downtown city area....even a friends house. It's still your lights, you have control, your programming and many come to see it and enjoy. You can also work out getting them to pay for new stuff...which is always a bonus...and get them to pay you for the display or donate to your charity. There is so much you can do by bringing in people. The businesses you help and the donations raised. Show your neighbors that their grinchiness won't stop you. Also gives you a reason to make a nice large sign stating the display moved due to grumpy neighbors and if you see any of them at your new location...you can ask them to leave....they are not welcome!! :-)

This is why I live outside the city limits.   They cant do crap about it.  The housing area here is commercially zoned(Crazy).  Non of the townships, county or city wants our neighborhood.  Its like a do what ever the heck you want area.      

Holdman put up a Grinch as a tribute to his neighbors.  I am sure your neighbors wouldn't mind that just as long as it doesn't blink.

I hope you hang in there!

This is why I live outside the city limits.   They cant do crap about it.  The housing area here is commercially zoned(Crazy).  Non of the townships, county or city wants our neighborhood.  Its like a do what ever the heck you want area.      

I started outside the city, then they turned it into one  

i can still do it technically but he sucked the fun out. not very Chistmasy

I got a neighbor that hates my display.  I just increased the size of the mega tree from 20 to 33 feet on the side right outside their window. lol.       The city wouldn't want this area.  They would have to bring to dirt roads up to city standards.  That would cost them 10's if not 100's of thousands of dollars.   This is why we will never be in the city limits.       

I hate to hear that you may be shutting your show down for good. I personally don't know you but from this forum I can tell that you have helped a lot of people with there shows. It's a shame that when you try to do something for everyone that some people just don't appreciate it. I have been doing a static display for 10 years and this year was my first for the Blinky display. Maybe someday I will get to the level you have gotten your display to.  If you can't find a way to keep your show going, Please don't forget the ones that need your expertise.

Plasma,

Sorry to hear you thinking about shutting down.  You were one of the guys that actually helped me to get started.  Thanks for all you have done.  Hope you can work something out.

Mike

I started outside the city, then they turned it into one  

i can still do it technically but he sucked the fun out. not very Chistmasy

Grinches can never win! WWSD? (what would Santa do?)

Santa would decorate the Grinches house while he was gone, and have the local news crew there when they got home praising him for bringing cheer and goodwill to the community! LOL then watch him try to cause trouble.

Papa

LOL!   If only...

This Grinch would tear it down right in front of the cameras and file a trespass complaint right on the spot..  As he put it in his email to me... He doesn't give a S#^t

I don't wish ill will towards anyone, but just saying, if stuff has to happen to folks that make them pack up and move. There maybe a great argument for karma to kick his kester to the curb.

Papa