Light-O-Rama Forums

Shuttering my show. All will be for sale

plasmadrive

All my props, controllers, cable, LEDs, All of it will be up for sale soon.

Neighbors have become an issues..   I don't want to force them to deal with the traffic.  

I don't have any details yet.. but I will keep you all posted. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plasmadrive

• Papa6058

• mikid

• TonyD

Sorry to hear that! I wish there was an Unlike button on the forum. You'll have to find another location you can display your talents. Think about that before getting rid of everything!

hey Craig....I met Ken from orangevale this year, waited to meet you at the Dec Old Sac meeting but didnt happen...Im local and might be interested....let me know if I can afford it....sorry to hear....my neighborhood in Fair Oaks have been putting up with me and traffic for 17 years now.limos and such...so again let me know....Mike

P.S. Im going to add pixels to my house outlines and fence panels next year so any advice would be helpful...Ken is going to advise and help me with programming I think.....Im running 32 lor channels with leds of 10k lights with 25k static and display,next year adding also 18 more mini trees, more xmas town house.polar express train(10th scale home made)..with the new added nightmare before xmas display....

I am really sorry to hear that.

It's a shame but it does happen and your being human about it and keeping from causing major problems with the neighbors.

As Tony mentioned, maybe you can find a different location to decorate. A business or something that might be willing to pay a little to have it set up.

I hope something like this can be worked out so, as mentioned, you can share your talent.

hey Craig....I met Ken from orangevale this year, waited to meet you at the Dec Old Sac meeting but didnt happen...Im local and might be interested....let me know if I can afford it....sorry to hear....my neighborhood in Fair Oaks have been putting up with me and traffic for 17 years now.limos and such...so again let me know....Mike

My brother flew in that night and his flight was early, of all nights.. so I never made it..

Let me gather my thoughts together and lets talk when the season is over..  If you haven't dropped by to watch, it will be until 9pm thru NYE

hate to hear of anyone selling or getting out of this amazing hobby! 

but on a better note please pm me i have cash ready to purchase some gear 

Don't give it up man. There are other solutions. When traffice got to bad at my house, I moved the lightshow to a local campground. The campground worked out well, it was drive through and there was POWER EVERYWHERE.  Then when I bought my own shop, i moved my show to a commercial location.  200 feet of showspace, so I'm still growing.  If you need any idea's, let me know.  I would hate to see your talents go unused!

Don't give it up man. There are other solutions. When traffice got to bad at my house, I moved the lightshow to a local campground. The campground worked out well, it was drive through and there was POWER EVERYWHERE.  Then when I bought my own shop, i moved my show to a commercial location.  200 feet of showspace, so I'm still growing.  If you need any idea's, let me know.  I would hate to see your talents go unused!

Thanks Frank, but my only solution is to do my show at my house.. and that will no longer fly.. I have accepted the reality..

I understand you might have accepted reality (which can be changed only by you), but please look at all your options, either from members here or from yourself.

You have a great thing. A great talent. Think about it before make a quick decision. Think... about... it...

Thanks Frank, but my only solution is to do my show at my house.. and that will no longer fly.. I have accepted the reality..

Craig - Next Sacramento meeting is Friday the 17th; come on by and let's see if there's a Plan B.

I'll buy your pizza.

Dang Plasma,

Really sorry to hear this. You sir are one of the few that I can have a good agreement or argue with. I think we were able to realize that we both would defend out position till proven otherwise and not take it personally. Thanks for the discussions and advice. Hope you hang around.

Hey Craig,

We came by and saw your show the other day.  It is amazing!  I really hope there's a way to save the show.

I'll be at the meeting on the 17th and I'll pitch in for the pizza/beer/soda.

-Phil

I wonder if an announcement asking people to behave as if the show was across the street from their own home would help at all.