Light-O-Rama Forums

About Show Editor - Shutting down shows

Mgcrbbt

Hello! I've been working with light o rama for 3 years now, and I use it inside of my house... in our "kitchen" we have a 22 ft ceiling because there is a balcony that encircles the room. The show takes place on one side of it. I am now using the show editor and have made up a show, and I do not want it to repeat the cycle... shows are only displayed for 1 group of people at a time, and I dont want to have to run upstairs to my computer to "shutdown" the show, I just want it to play through the playlist once and be finished. is there a way to do that without setting the shutdown time or telling it to stop manually?

Thanks

Justin Davis

In a few words, "I don't think that's possible".

You either have to shut it down manually or give the show an end time.  Otherwise I believe it will just loop forever until you manually shut it down.

Here is an idea. Build an empty sequence and put it in background. Then take the entirety of your show and set it up as an interactive group. Have a start button that triggers the interactive group resulting in one pass through the show.

I don't think the interactive group idea will work, as a trigger push sets off one single sequence from a group (except for "magic toy" groups, but they can't contain musical sequences).  I think you can still accomplish what you want, though:

Put your sequences in the "Startup" section of the show, rather than in the "Musical" section.  They'll play one at a time, in the order that you specify, once each.

I recommend a tablet with Teamviewer on it... Or even an Iphone or Android can also control a PC remotely. :)

Bob, good catch on my interactive idea.  As I only run animation shows, I did not think about the limitation of no musicals in an interactive group.    I think kiplorenzo has the best answer.  I exclusively use VNC for controlling my show computer.