Light-O-Rama Forums

What is the best way to add music?

Fatmatx28

Ok so I am getting this down a lot more than I thought I would be, just playing with 16 chan right now and I am trying to figure out what way the pros add the music?  I have tried Tap but man that is just not as accurate as I would hope, maybe reflex issues:^) Also when editing how can I hear the music and edit at the same time, say like 40 sec - 45 sec without having to restart the music from the beginning. Can I slide and see the effect as well as hear the music at the same time.  Right now I have everything stretched out in the living room, just 8 channels and I am just feeling things out, what a fun hobby, thank you guys for taking the time to help, I asked one other Q so far and had like 5 responses in no time.  Thanks for your time and help.

Chris

The Beat Wizard is very good (in my opinion) at finding the beats. The stereotypical OCD person may find it annoying as it sometimes is just the slightest bit off. However, I don't think many visitors to the display are going to notice.

Look at the Play menu. There are some options under 'Play Range.' Also, you can use the space bar to start from your current location. Space bar again to stop. 

If you click and drag in the timeline, you will highlight that part of the song.  Using the spacebar you can start/stop that section till your heart's content.  you can edit that section of song w/o disrupting the play range.  Click the timeline again to end the selected area or re-drag to move to another area.

• Like 1

U guys rock, that space bar is the ticket, arggg wish i knew that 6 hours ago... Thanks Don and Scubado..................

However every time I hit it it restarts from the beginning!  Is there another way to pause and restart wherever you left off?

Under the tool bar " Play" select " Play Range" there are some options in there. Are you using the wave form which can be found in the "View" menu? This works well on some songs.

Highlight waveform works very well. 

However, unlike what Scubado said, when I edit {add a new cell command} the space bar stops working.

I  have to un-highlight the waveform, and then re-hightlight that portion of the waveform{song} to get the spacebar functional again.   I'm using 3.8.2, but this has occurred since I started with the SE in 2010 when I got my license for the software, which was I thionk, 2.6.8 or somthing in the area of 2.6.x.

BTW: also stops working if I delete some cells and then try to replay the highlighted area too.