Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB Controllers with 2 Strings do not seem to be supported by SuperStar Seq

LightHouse

Does the SuperStar Sequencer support Cosmic Color Bulb controllers with two strings directly or do I have to use work arounds to kind of make it work?

I can only see Cosmic Color Ribbons referenced in the configuration of SuperStar Sequencer, and can only seem to control the first string on a CCB Controller, unless I set my controllers to "Dual Normal" Mode, so each string has its own LOR Unit ID, which I would prefer not doing.

The other way I've made it work is to copy and paste my sequences for SuperStar into my controller in the Sequence Editor which does support CCB Controllers with 2 strings.

Is there a way to configure SuperStar Sequencer to directly support and export for Cosmic Color Bulbs with 2 strings?

SuperStar does not support Cosmic Color Bulbs with 2 strings. The Visualizer does not support CCBs or CCPs with 2 strings either. To use CCBs or CCP controllers in SuperStar and the Visualizer you must configure the Cosmic Color Bulb controllers as "Dual Normal" so that each string has it's own unit Id and then they can be treated just like CCRs.

Alternatively, as you mentioned you can use copy/paste to rearrange how things got exported. I frankly don't know if that works in all situations or not because the direction of the CCB string can change.

Thanks Brian!  I can't find a forum post with settings for how to properly assign the CCB in the visualizer.  I'm running 5 CCB, running 7 strings total.

Can anyway help HOW to setup visualizer properly to get the correct resolution and panel assignments for this?

I'm used to using ribbings (trees arches etc) but for some reason, the brain cell that might help me make these silly CCBs work has died!

Thanks team!

elfboy

If your CCB string forms straight lines, use the "CCR Draw Wizard" tool, it looks like a multi-colored circle with two lines on top. Do the following:

1) Click on the "CCR Draw Wizard" button

2)  Make your first click at the end of the string that is closest to the controller. Each time you click again it will draw a line between you clicks.

3)  If you are at the end of the string do a double click and It will ask you how many pixels, enter "50" and give the string a name. Click on OK

4) The Fixture Properties dialog box will appear. Here you can enter the network and unit ID for the string

If your CCB string forms a curved path, you are best to use the "Draw Cosmic Color Ribbon" tool. It looks like a multi-colored circle and is 5th from the left.

1) Click on the "Draw Cosmic Color Ribbon" tool

2) The "Assign to Fixture" dialog box appears, use the default of "(new fixture)" and click on OK

3) The Fixture Properties dialog box appears, here you can enter the unit ID, then click on OK

4) Click on the screen where you want the first pixel to be. (the first pixel is the one closest to the controller)

5) Each time you click on the screen it will draw one pixel of the string. Keep clicking until you have defined all 50 pixels

6) I have never figured out how to tell it you are done. I click on the "Select Fixtures" tool (the one that looks like an arrow) and that tells the program you are done defining pixels

I prefer the "CCR Draw Wizard" tool. It works best for most situations.

Let me know if the above makes sense, or if you need further clarification. Remember that in the visualizer you treat each string of a CCB or CCP as if it were a CCR. And pixel 1 is the pixel that is closest to the controller.

Each pixel of a CCR in the visualizer represents a pixel that has a red, green, and blue element in it. You do not have to draw 3 sets of pixels. One pixel represents all 3 of the color elements. Using different combinations of red, green, and blue you can get any color for each pixel.