Light-O-Rama Forums

Completely Confused and Frustrated

SJF

I just received my first LOR order....  SPK-ST Generic Starter Package: Advanced, High Speed USB485 and 8 CCPixel sets to make a mega tree.  I am using Windows 8 OS. I have been able to open and follow the directions for LOR Control Panel. Everything seemed to go smoothly until I tried to control the lights from the Console.  When I tried to control the lights (using the Console) only six CCP's were lighting up on one of the strings.  Initially I had both strings (50 lights each) connected to the controller.  Where do I need to go from here?

Console = Hardware Utility, right?

If you only turn on 16 channels of a controller in the HWU, only 16 channels are going to light up on the connected controller. In the case of a CCP, that would be Red, Green, Blue of the first 5 bulbs and Red on the 6th.

If you've hit the 'console' button within the HWU, then make sure you have the Extended Circuit ID's checked so that you can move the slider.

Finally, if you create a sequence in the Sequence Editor, and it is able to light up the entire string, I wouldn't worry about the HWU.

Don,

Thank you for your feedback and quick response.  I feel like I'm out here on a limb by myself.  To answer your question... Yes - Console = Hardware Utility.

Your description of the first 6 lights turning 'on' is accurate.  I went to the WHU and checked the Extended Circuit ID's box.  This did not change anything.  I still have the problem.  I did go to the Sequence Editor and that did not activate the lights when I ran a test sequence.  Any other helpful hints?

I have tried set the ID and configure the unit a number of different ways.  Are both sets of CCPixels supposed to be connected when I do this? I have tried it both ways with two sets of lights connected to the one controller AND also just having one set of lights connected to the controller.  No changes with either way.