Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D - Triggers and colors

bbrescia

New to the LOR community. I am using a CMB24D card to control several runs of RGB LED 5050 strip on the house front. 3 LED ribbons are joined together for a run and each run is attached to a different set of CMB24D terminals. The card is being powered by two 30 amp power supplies. I tried running these lights as Channel 16 (extra) on Ghostbusters 16 version. They seemed to fire correctly but each run is a different color - and they seem ot change colors at random.

Question 1:

Looks great but how do I control the colors? I am using a Show Director outside to run my shows.

Question 2:

Where can I buy a motion sensor and a regular push-button switch to trigger shows?

First you say you have RGB LED strips. I presume that these are the dumb strips where the whole strip is the same color. You will need 3 channels not just one. So I see you mentioned Channel 16 as one of the channels. What are the other two channels? I also see you have a canned 16 channel sequence (canned cause you bought it, not made it yourself). These strips you bought should have 4 wires, a common positive and 3 negatives going to 3 channels. As to why the colors seem to change at all is beyond me. I have no idea how you could have them wired to one channel. My only suggestion is that you have loose connections or cold solder joints. I suppose at this point you will need to insure you have the strips wired right to THREE channels. Thats if you want more than just one color.

Good luck. Your going to need it starting this late in the year.

Thanks - the dumb strips are RGB so they are multicolor. The CMB24D allows for 8 of the 4-wire hookups, I guess based on what I can see that each of the separate runs, hooked to its own circuit board terminals, constitutes 3 channels. If that's correct, then I would understand that I need to have the software address each channel individually, something I haven't done yet. I am using LOR controllers, 16 for each, for a total of 48 "outputs". Does that mean that if I want to control the individual RGB colors that they will occupy 21 (8 x 3 channels) of my total 48?

Ok. I am a newbie myself and I successfully got my CMB24D to run fairly quickly. The 8 RGB channels equates to 24 total channels. I had to walk myself through this. You add the 8 RGB channels into your sequence (they will be black). Ensure that you have set the ID with the dip switches properly and then sequence to your hearts content. You can sequence colors individually or use the color swap button on top to make blends. I hope this helped.