Light-O-Rama Forums

Chanting for release

pHar

daniel wrote:

I guess LOR could come up with a Linux distro...

I was thinking about this...

Desktop is to Windows as show player is to LORos. Not some program, but the entire LOR software suite IS the os.

Probally never going to happen though....

--Daniel L

Hmm...a LOR OS would be really cool! Maybe building off a custom Linux distro would be the easiest way to go?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• Denny

• daniel

• Dan Maslyk

LORdosis - Your display causes severe back pain.

LORdoftherings - Your display runs longer than it should and doesn't really say much.

LORnemichaels - Your display only runs on Saturday nights. This new version is not as good as the original version.

LORelei - Your display lures viewers to their doom.

LORgnette - Your display require opera glasses to view.

~K

All I want is a wireless version of the sequence editor that will run on my handheld PC so I can make adjustments to the sequence and playit with out haveing to run in and out of the house so much while fine tuning the display.

Please include LORMobile to the new Software Suite.....and enable it to communicate with the Master suite using the same files as if it was a client/server product...

ok, now my head is spinning thinking of all the cool stuff you could do with a mobile version... control you neighbors lights, you house lights, why stop there be able to control traffic lights... :cool:

Point at lights and turn them on and off during a show. Maybe LOR could become the next integrated home envirement to control lighting, hvac and security when its not controlling you christmas lights. Change it from LOR - Light-O-Rama to EOR- Everything-O-Rama.

Guest wbottomley

Since we live in the "Digital" age, how about this...

1) Digital Software Suite, Powerd by Light-O-Rama.

2) Light Suite Plus, Powered by Light-O-Rama.

3) Digital Light Suite Plus, Powered by Light-O-Rama.

And in order to promote LOR more, they should come out with additional products:

LOR Energy...an energy drink designed to allow you to work all night long on, say, LOR programming.

LOR Flavored Bologna...What does LOR taste like anyway?

LOR Bottled water...comes in 5 exciting colors

A NASCAR racing vehicle sponsored primarily by LOR. Driver needed..any volunteers?

LOR Credit Card...1% of your purchases goes to fund your next LOR purchase.

And last but not least, the LOR store, that not only sells LOR equipment, but we can get Christmas Lights and decorations year round!

richarsenault wrote:

^^ That gives me an idea! An Operating System that is Light-O-Rama! Only purpose is to sequence, test and run LOR shows. No needless background tasks like XP to slow everything down, 100% of the processing power goes into making computerized shows. Internet capabilities? NO. BUT you can connect via a LAN connection (Or anything always on) and the OS will update automatically with every new LOR release! It will be awesome!

--Daniel L

Don't they call that Linux?

Rich

Not Linux.... LOR Warp.