Light-O-Rama Forums

Chanting for release

pHar

LightORamaDan wrote:

I am sure that if we look there was I tme that I said LOR II would be out in 2006. I know that there was a time that I expected it to be.

Yep, you said it. I just looked in the General Questions Forum and saw it there. But, you will have to look through all 121 pages to find it;)

Edit to add: I need to get a life other than LOR. Retired five years ago and after last Christmas with LOR for the first time, I had to go get a part-time job -- it's addicting I tell you, it's addicting. I need to join LOR Annonymous! :shock::shock::shock:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• Denny

• daniel

• Dan Maslyk

Guest wbottomley

WOW :shock:... what a thread.

I was just thinking, when a company releases a minor upgrade, it's usually free. But, when a full upgrade comes out like 1.? to 2.?, they usually charge for it.

So I think Dan has a splended company by releasing a full version of software without charging for an upgrade. :D

Thank you!:cool:

Mountainwxman wrote:

WOW :shock:... what a thread.

I was just thinking, when a company releases a minor upgrade, it's usually free. But, when a full upgrade comes out like 1.? to 2.?, they usually charge for it.

So I think Dan has a splended company by releasing a full version of software without charging for an upgrade. :D

Thank you!:cool:

Yeah, but wait until you see the price for LOR III!

Denny wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

I have been talking about LORII for way too long! Early on I made a big mistake in the estimate for the effort involved and the resources available. Today, every time someone at Light-O-Rama has to answer another email or phone call about LORII (which is all the time!) they take the time to reminded about my mistake and plea that I do not do it again! Hopefully a couple of good things will come from this. One good thing is LORII and another is that I will be more careful about what I promise.

So, when will LOR III be released and what goodies will it contain?:D

After all, you don't want the LOR staff to get too comfortable. They are so used to answering the phone and questions, you need to keep them in shape!
you beat me to it...as i was reading his post i was going to ask the SAME thing lol

I think the release date was Sept. 2006. But who's counting?

Listen, I just want to say I have never met owners who were as nice and as friendly as Dan and Mary. They go out of their way to treat everyone with respect and my only wish is that more companies would do the same.

When I was trying to decide between LOR and AL I read a lot about both companies. Then I called them. After those two calls the decision was a no brainer. Now I have over 400 channels of LOR and would not think of going anywhere else.

Thanks Dan as they always say, "Better late than never".

LightORamaDan wrote:

You guys are just too funny:D I was going to just skip to the iLOR-1000 Software Suite... ( did anyone notice that the iDMX-32 became the iDMX-1000? 32 just seem too restrictive:cool: and somthing with a 1000 in the name just seems better:))

mmmmmmm.......... iLOR-1000 Sofware Suite....... Now tell me that be out by Christmas 2008 (ohhhhh a hit below the belt)

Just bustin your chops Dan... I think you and the Beta Testers have done a wonderfull job with LOR II. And the Programmers will be forever remembered in our glowing bulbs. It is rare that you find programmers that can keep up the the testers and fix the problems that fast. Or Testers that are dedicated to the releasing the best software within a timely manner.

Dan.. With all the new products you have released this year I'm sure none of us will complain if you take a few months off before you start on the iLOR-1000 Sofware Suite :D

kevin wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
You guys are just too funny:D I was going to just skip to the iLOR-1000 Software Suite... ( did anyone notice that the iDMX-32 became the iDMX-1000? 32 just seem too restrictive:cool: and somthing with a 1000 in the name just seems better:))

mmmmmmm.......... iLOR-1000 Sofware Suite....... Now tell me that be out by Christmas 2008 (ohhhhh a hit below the belt)

Just bustin your chops Dan... I think you and the Beta Testers have done a wonderfull job with LOR II. And the Programmers will be forever remembered in our glowing bulbs. It is rare that you find programmers that can keep up the the testers and fix the problems that fast. Or Testers that are dedicated to the releasing the best software within a timely manner.

Dan.. With all the new products you have released this year I'm sure none of us will complain if you take a few months off before you start on the iLOR-1000 Sofware Suite :D

I'll just wait for the LOR-Wii...where you just point a transmitter to various objects and they magically light up in the color or colors you were picturing.

jeffandnicole wrote:

I'll just wait for the LOR-Wii...where you just point a transmitter to various objects and they magically light up in the color or colors you were picturing.

LOR Orchestrator? LOR Conduct(conductor) ? Hmmm...

Brian Mitchell wrote:

The LOR 6100 by Binford. All the tools you'll ever need.

Okay... I am starting to enjoy this thread... Any more names (have to what what I am asking for )..... Any more names for the LOR software suite?

Dan

^^ That gives me an idea! An Operating System that is Light-O-Rama! Only purpose is to sequence, test and run LOR shows. No needless background tasks like XP to slow everything down, 100% of the processing power goes into making computerized shows. Internet capabilities? NO. BUT you can connect via a LAN connection (Or anything always on) and the OS will update automatically with every new LOR release! It will be awesome!

--Daniel L

The next version comes complete with pain killers for those that fall off of ladders etc etc.....

It will be called LOR TAB

^^ That gives me an idea! An Operating System that is Light-O-Rama! Only purpose is to sequence, test and run LOR shows. No needless background tasks like XP to slow everything down, 100% of the processing power goes into making computerized shows. Internet capabilities? NO. BUT you can connect via a LAN connection (Or anything always on) and the OS will update automatically with every new LOR release! It will be awesome!

--Daniel L

Don't they call that Linux?

Rich

richarsenault wrote:

--Daniel L

Don't they call that Linux?

Rich

I guess LOR could come up with a Linux distro...

I was thinking about this...

Desktop is to Windows as show player is to LORos. Not some program, but the entire LOR software suite IS the os.

Probally never going to happen though....

--Daniel L