Light-O-Rama Forums

Ghost Busters - Lighted Spider Web Sequence

BrianBruderer

I made a spider web with 200 Cosmic Color Pixels on it. Below is a video of a sequence made to the song "Ghost Busters"

http://youtu.be/q2sJII7k9Pc

The sequence uses the new VisEffects feature at 1:22, 1:34, 1:43, and 3:32. Standard effects are applied to the sequencing grid, whereas VisEffects are applied to the visualization so it allows a morph to do a smooth sweep across the lights. In this case it is being done on RGB lights, but it works on regular lights as well. 

• Like 1

As Always, that is really cool Brian!!!  Makes me want to do a Halloween show. I would like to see someone come up with a mechanical spider that could move in the web.

Could I get a brief tutorial on how to best use this effect on a standard led visualization? I found my way in to the VisEffects feature but I do not understand how to achieve the feature settings.1:22, 1:34, 1:43, and 3:32 and how they effect the visualization.

Sorry for the newbie questions.

Running 3.10.8 for * ccrs but not running any ccr's at the time. 96 channels (32ch tree, 16ch mini tree line, 5 ch nested star plus)

Chip

The visEffects work for RGB lights and regular lights as well. There is a sample sequence which has visEffects on candy canes that use regular lights. The visEffects are towards the end of the sample sequence. To play the sample sequence

1) launch superstar

2) click of the file menu and select "Open"

3) navigate to the "Samples" folder

4) Open the file "CandyCanes_sample.sup"

5) Play the file

Click on one of the effects towards the end and it will launch the Morph dialog box and you will see the "VisEffect" check box checked at the bottom of the dialog box. When you select "VisEffect" the screen goes into a smaller view of your visualization to allow you to mark the state1 and state2 lines of the morph outside of the visualization. This way you can do the morph in any direction across the visualization. The Candy Canes sample show some standard morphs which will do a sweep across the candy canes.

In the Ghost Busters sequence I used multiple visEffects. In one I use 3 visEffects down different regions of the visualization. Also, to get the trailing shimmer or twinkle I selected "shimmer" or "twinkle" for the tail of the morph. The effect at 3:32 uses 2 visEffects, each one starting at the middle and going to the edge. The first one at 3:32 is a standard morph, the 2nd and 3rd one use "twinkle" for the tail.