Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Convert from 4 channels (including white)

chartrand

So, I have a bunch of mini trees that have been 4 channels (Red, Green, Blue and White).  I can get the 3 channels to (Red, Green and Blue) to combine, but how can I cut and paste, or merge the white into it?  The reason I want to do this is because I'm converting the trees to DMX and moving the LOR controllers to another element in my display.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Patrick

I'll be happy to be wrong, but given that white in RGB land is all three channels - R,G,B - set at full intensity, I don't believe there's any way to do what you ask except manually.

Edited by George Simmons

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.... <groan>....

What would be cool is if you could cut and paste with out overwriting what's already there......  As I think about that, It would be a difficult thing to program....

Actually it is fairly easy; Since you are only using the primary colors. (not so simple if you are ussing other than red/green/blue/white ) Create you new  rgb  channels.   Set paste from background (on).  This will prevernt overwriting anthing that already has been turned on. (from the paste menu).

Open up the RGB channels so  you can see the individual 3 colors. Copy the red from the oringinal part of the  sequence and paste in the RED of the new rgb part of the sequence in the red line (same for blue and green).  For the white paste the white from the original sequence to all three of the red , blue and geen lines of the new sequence.  (you can do the entire sequince length at a time. ).

you now have a rgb versiion of your oringinal 4 individual color sequence.

Edited by jerrymac

I created a separate Track with the RGB Groups combined so it ends up being a White Track; anything I paste in there automatically becomes white by bringing Red, Green and Blue up together.

When I need separate colors, I go to the Red Track, Green Track, or Blue Track.

When I need to create a color mix, I go back to Track 1 and use the RGB tool.

This was inspired by George Simmons (above) and his Hawaii Five-O sequence.

Attached is the channel configuration, if you're interested.

RobinWheel8-20.lcc

Edited by Ken Benedict

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.... <groan>....

What would be cool is if you could cut and paste with out overwriting what's already there......  As I think about that, It would be a difficult thing to program....

You can. On the tools column to the left , select the last tool, "Paste from foreground". It will paste what's on the clipboard and leave what's already in the grid