Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR & RGB

robin1373

Hello,

I am new to LOR, this is my second year and I have been reading about RGB lights. I would really like to use them but have no idea how to make them work with LOR I have 2 lor controllers and the MP3 show director to run my show. Can anyone point me in the right direction as how to make all this work together so I can ad some rgb lights to my show. 

Thank you,
Robin 

Thank you for the reply,

I have read through the material. I guess what I am asking is what is there that I can buy to plug into the mp3 show director that will allow me to use rgb and not have to run it from my computer. 

Robin - I can't encourage you enough to read the links provided by Ron Boyd (above).  They are chock full of all kinds of useful information.  (especially "Auschristmas")

Get familiar with some terminology and have in mind what you would like your end effect to be like.   This will help us help you.

Good Luck! 

Hello,

I am new to LOR, this is my second year and I have been reading about RGB lights. I would really like to use them but have no idea how to make them work with LOR I have 2 lor controllers and the MP3 show director to run my show. Can anyone point me in the right direction as how to make all this work together so I can ad some rgb lights to my show. 

Thank you,

Robin 

If you're on facebook, there are several DIY groups pertaining to this topic.

Let me know if you are, I'll post the group links.

Thank you for the reply,

I have read through the material. I guess what I am asking is what is there that I can buy to plug into the mp3 show director that will allow me to use rgb and not have to run it from my computer. 

Check out Sandevices.com the ELOR will let you run a stand alone system with LOR without running cat 5 from computer, also add a E682 to give you 4 universes

Thank you for the reply,

If your looking at plug and play,,,look into the the cosmic color devices that  lor sells

• Like 1

If you're on facebook, there are several DIY groups pertaining to this topic.

Let me know if you are, I'll post the group links.

Thank you. I am on facebook. Can you please post the links.

Thank you,

Robin

You have duplicate posts going on.

Here's my response on the other post: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/27477-idmx-1000-mp3-showtime-director/?p=258703

Yeah I noticed that I guess I did not realize your first two posts had to be approved before they got posted. i thought it did not work the first tiem.

Robin

Sorry if this information is somewhere in the forums, have looked and cannot find it. I have LOR showtime controller and just purchased the DIY Holidaycoro flood light kits ( I could not wait any longer for LOR's CCF to come back in stock.) I have a LOR IDMX 1000 that I purchased last year. Will the holidaycoro product work with the IDMX1000 and using their RGB controller? I have the S3 advanced software for LOR.

Thanks for any information you can provide.