Light-O-Rama Forums

Venting - People who pretend they know what they are talking about

tbetgeorge

I went to Wendy's the other day and ordered a baconator burger and when I opened it............ You guessed it NO BACON. I mean come on bacon is in the name

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a31ford

• Shubb

• George Simmons

• SoCalJimH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might as well add my latest McDonalds incident, just yesterday morning, about 4am, I go thru the drivethru, order 3 sandwiches and a hashbrown, kid say's that will be $7.12, which didn't make sense since the morning before I ordered 2 sandwiches (same ones) and the total was $8.32, so I say to the kid, $7.12, really?, and his response is, oh no, that will be $5.10. I just snickered, shook my head, and handed him a $20. I asked for a receipt and he said the machine was down so he couldn't provide a receipt, and I thought to myself, "and you can't count", even with that "smart phone" he was using.  At least I got the correct change from the "$5.10".

Maybe I'm just too friggin old to forget how to add stuff up in my head.

Being that most of my life, I've been in the tech world, I couldn't even begin to tell how many times I've come across people who claim they know what they are talking about and truly don't. Its not just the younger adults, its wise older people too. LOL, worse, when its someone in the tech world who don't have a clue but think they do and really bad when you come across someone who knows enough to be dangerous.

Nowadays, a store is lucky to find an employee that will even come in daily to work.

Even better if they come in on time.

I would hate to work retail as a LOT of people (outside this forum) are dummer than a box of rocks!

For instance, I went to a fast food place and ordered a kids hamburger.

The clerk asked, "You want cheese on that?" And I quipped, "No, I ordered a HAMburger, not a CHEESEburger! If I wanted CHEESE on it, I would have ordered a CHEESEburger!"

The clerk was acluistic, hadn't a clue in the world...

I love telling the clerk what the change will be BEFORE they can key it into their machine.

And I tell them that I'm using the computer that GOD gave me that works in ANY power failure, the dark, etc.

Blows their tiny smartphone befuddled minds!  :P

I went to Lowes one time and ordered hoses for a new sink to put in. I told the clerk just what I needed. He plucked them right off the pegs where they were hanging and handed them to me.

I never paid attention to the packages. (I KNOW, BIG mistake!)

So I hooked up one hose on the sink and was wondering why the other hose would not connect onto the shutoff valve.

Upon closer inspection (yep, you guessed it!), I found out that the clerk handed me the wrong package!

He didn't pay attention that it was hanging on the wrong hook and neither did I.

So we made a mad dash back down to Lowes right before they closed (why do we ALWAYS work on these projects at night???) and swapped hoses.

Meanwhile, my wife is p*ssed and got a manger and blasted him with both her barrels! (Don't p*ss off my wife, a woman scourned, etc.)

The long and short of it, the manager asked "What would you like me to do?" I said I spent such and such on gas to make ANOTHER trip down here, etc.

The manager gave me a $10 Lowes gift card!

So, sometimes the squeaky wheel DOES get the grease!  :lol:

I had a friend (he just passed away at 52 years young) who was actually a millionaire but he dressed like a bum and when he went to Home Depot, people would ask them about such and such as they thought he was a worker.

He was a worker, as he did stuff himself. And he'd help you with a project, but he'd never do it for you. And you couldn't pay him but he did work for food and we always fed him when he helped. It was the least we could do...

God, I miss him!  :(

Thanks for the laughs from this thread. I needed the chuckles...

And thanks for all the great information in the other threads...

I had a friend (he just passed away at 52 years young) who was actually a millionaire but he dressed like a bum and when he went to Home Depot, people would ask them about such and such as they thought he was a worker.

He was a worker, as he did stuff himself. And he'd help you with a project, but he'd never do it for you. And you couldn't pay him but he did work for food and we always fed him when he helped. It was the least we could do...

God, I miss him!  :(

i met a guys similar to this 15+ years ago.. worked retail (high end fitness equipment).. guy came in in torn up dirty overalls and no one would talk to the guy so i went up to him.. showed him around.. ended up buying a little over $10k worth of equipment then i went to help the installers install it... ended up being a $3million+ home.. he worked hard for his money, had a ton of it. and was still one of the nicest guys i have ever met

I work in retail and have since I was 15. I agree with lots of what people are saying. I started as a pharmacist and now manage 18 locations. I will be 40 this year and I cannot begin to tell you the things I hear coming out of some mouths in stores.

The counting and making change thing boggles my mind. I remember the age before cell phones and internet and beepers and all these other gadgets. People are forgetting how to speak to people. What happened to common sense.

People are forgetting how to speak to people. What happened to common sense.

Honestly I believe it's all the text messaging and social internet sites that have made many folks, especially the younger generation that'll be taking us old fogies places, lose not only their common sense, but respect for their elders as well.   Seems that common sense has fallen by the way side.   I also blame alot of that on why folks can't spell anymore either.   An occasional mistake or two, not such a big deal, but today with the abbreviations used in text messaging has definitely had a big hand in "dumbing" some folks down.   Not everyone mind you, but it sure hasn't helped any.    Especially when I even see things incorrectly spelled in manuals, book, billboards and, yes, even on hand crafted sales ads in retail stores!    In my early years, none of that would have ever gotten past a teacher, store manager or the proof-reader!    And I don't even think we have proof-readers any longer, at least not from some of the blunders I've seen in my travels!

Oh my God the spelling. I have one son in kindergarten and we are doing our best to ensure he has full brain power. I live on Long Island in NY and just this summer I saw a news article that blew me away. A highway sign was replaced on a major parkway that was for "Jones Beach". It was misspelled as Jonse Beach AND THEY STILL PUT IT UP!!! No one noticed until it was up. Seriously?!?! I'll see if I can find a link for laughs.

.Now THAT is funny ! 

The person that did the setup... NO, better yet, the person that submitted the request document, for the sign to be made, should be terminated (or at least OWN up to the goof-up PUBLICLY.......).

https://www.google.ca/#nfpr=1&q=jonse%20beach&start=0

"Industrial Strength Stupid" !!!!   :D :D :D

I feel the pain!  You just can't fix stupid!  

You can't always fix stupid, ....  but duct tape will muffle it real good!!!

How about the word "Stop" painted on a road at an intersection. It was spelled "Sotp". How on earth can someone screw up a simple four letter word like stop?

Not too long ago we had a school zone speed limit sign posted with "SOWL 51MPH", fortunately that one did get yanked before the media had a frenzy with it, looked for it on my way home after an appointment about an hour later and it was already replaced with a correct one "SLOW 15MPH".   

Sure wish I'd have had my camera with me that day to have snapped a shot of it, don't know if anyone else managed to get a shot of it or not, never heard anything more about it.    Talk about a real blunder, whomever did that one was either extremely dumb or very dyslexic.

In either case, I don't think they should be creating School Zone Speed Limit signs!   I've got mild dyslexia myself, didn't have it when I was younger, just developed over the last 5 years or so, not as bad as some folks get it, but I definitely would not be making school zone or speed limit signs because of it!

• The topic was locked