Light-O-Rama Forums

Venting - People who pretend they know what they are talking about

tbetgeorge

just to add to the dilemma I went to a store who's name ill not mention and asked where the cat 5's were she said " sorry we don't sell pets"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a31ford

• Shubb

• George Simmons

• SoCalJimH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worked at Radio Shack in the 1970's - I had a guy come in and wanted to buy some Ohms. .....   Within a week of that a different guy came in asking for some Amps.... 

I KID YOU NOT!

Worked in a call center for a cable company awhile back.  In the middle of a ice storm a woman called up all upset.  Her cable was out and had been for some time. She wanted our techs at her house right then to fix it.  In the same breath she also expressed her frustration about how the local power company also had not restored her power... 

Edited by rainyoregonchristmas

I worked the counter at an independent electrical supply company for several years back in the day.  Had a woman come in all upset and carrying on at peak volume to prove her point and maximize her frustration for all the world to hear.  Apparently, we gave her husband the wrong device cover plate for her wall and she had to drive all the way back to our location and waste an hour of her very valuable time.  It was a 2 gang cover plate in toggle switch / duplex receptacle configuration.  Of course, she wanted the switch on the left and the receptacle on the right and was very clear in her instructions to her husband, so it was obviously our fault for giving him a plate with the switch on the right.  I spun the plate around 180 degrees on the counter right in front of her and asked, "Is that better?".  The silence was deafening for a moment or two until she had that beautiful "aha" moment of recognition wash over her entire facial expression. She then grabbed up the plate & left without saying another word.  To this day, I still shake my head every time I think about it.

I worked the counter at an independent electrical supply company for several years back in the day.  Had a woman come in all upset and carrying on at peak volume to prove her point and maximize her frustration for all the world to hear.  Apparently, we gave her husband the wrong device cover plate for her wall and she had to drive all the way back to our location and waste an hour of her very valuable time.  It was a 2 gang cover plate in toggle switch / duplex receptacle configuration.  Of course, she wanted the switch on the left and the receptacle on the right and was very clear in her instructions to her husband, so it was obviously our fault for giving him a plate with the switch on the right.  I spun the plate around 180 degrees on the counter right in front of her and asked, "Is that better?".  The silence was deafening for a moment or two until she had that beautiful "aha" moment of recognition wash over her entire facial expression. She then grabbed up the plate & left without saying another word.  To this day, I still shake my head every time I think about it.

LMAO!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::D :D :D :D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:<_< <_< <_< <_< <_<:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko::blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :ph34r:

Overheard in the checkout line at the hardware store, two buddies talking about their purchases.

“I see you got them 30A fuses”

“Yea, they may cost a little more but it’s worth it for the extra protection”

Called Lowes to get pricing on 4" x 4" doug fir posts.  The guy in the lumber dept. told me that no one named Doug worked there.  I said I am looking for some 4" x 4"  "DOUGLAS FIR POSTS".  He told me to check HD across the street because Doug Fir might work there. I then asked for his manager.  He told me he WAS the manager, that no one named Doug works for him, and I should do "my homework" before calling next time.  No more Lowes for me.

My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

My son, 29 years old, is a Physcial Therapist.  He is very bright, very strong, and will do anything for me, but he just doesn't understand construction AT ALL.  One day he was jackhammering his basement floor to have us move the drain for his toilet and shower.  He called me at work and told me that the pipes don't go anywhere--they just go up the wall to the main floor.  I explained that was the pipe coming down from the main floor bathroom and they all tied together somewhere in the floor.  He assured me the pipe only went UP, not any further down.  I asked him how the basement toilet would drain if that were the case.  His immediate response was "Uh---constant suction???"  I about died laughing right on the phone.

Too funny sounds like my neighbor......Have to try this for the hell of it at HD and Lowes.

I had someone call and wanted me to build about 40 custom frames and ship them within 4 weeks because he needed to have lights on them by the middle of Aug. Not like waiting until the last minute.

I feel your pain!   I went into one of those big box stores and asked the clerk to cut me 36 inches of tubing from a bulk spool.  He said "sorry, we only sell it by the foot".   The thought of my knee-jerk reaction would only serve to get me banned so I just thanked him and walked away.

This is a little of the topic but under the "venting" heading I have to share it.  Picking up lunch in a drive through I ordered two large Cokes, one with extra ice.  The employee handed me the two drinks with no markings to identify which one had extra ice.

When I ask, her answer was:

"The heavier one"

I just let out a sigh while my helper burst into tears laughing.

You know that when you get one of these less than knowledgeable service industry people, you can always tell them what Bill Envall does and say "Here's Your Sign!!!" 

what a great thread,,,folks mad at something other than each other

GAWD !!!! And here I thought MY post was funny.......

Other day  (Store NOT named to protect the stupid), asked if they had any vampire ends for bulk cable.......  ........         ........ wait for it..........

Got told that vampires live in California, and bulk cable is sold at the bulk store.... (we have a bulk food store here), She also added that the vampires only go down ventura highway at night.

Greg

I live next to the Ventura Highway in California.  So far, haven't seen any vampires,,,,,,,so far.

Venting - People who pretend they know what they are talking about

what a great thread,,,folks mad at something other than each other

I bet I could send it south in less than two posts...

So honestly...when reading the title of this thread who here thought the OP was (or should be) referring to people here on the LOR forums? ;)

So honestly...when reading the title of this thread who here thought the OP was (or should be) referring to people here on the LOR forums? ;)

I admit I did,, but now after reading all the post this is probably my favorite thread of the year. lots of funny stuff here

Thoroughly enjoying this thread thus far, so may as well confess to my own "duh" moment. Wife & I were vacationing on the island of St Maarten & doing a little window shopping. Came across a sign on on one of the doors that simply said "TUO". I knew St Maarten was a mutli-linguistic island, but also knew this was neither Dutch nor French. Made the mistake of pointing it out to my wife & immediately got the "Are you really that stupid?" look. She then pointed out that I was looking through the back side of the glass at the "OUT" door & suggested that I might want to reconsider my island rum intake going forward.

Edited by SparkDr

Me, too.  I was ready for a good old-fashioned forum rumble, wistfully lamenting how long it's been since we had that kind of fun.  But, alas and alack...