Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Pixels for Dummies

ranjanpa

I would like to explore using RGB pixels for my roof line and also maybe make a megatree. 

Are there any threads for newbies like me:

Cost: How much will this cost per 10 feet.

Hardware: What additional hardware is required in order to operate this in a LOR network.

Mounting: How do I mount and weatherproof this for installation on a roofline or a megatree

Difficulty level : How easy or difficult is this to intergrate in LOR network

Reliability: Is this outdoor rates. Can I leave this outside once the season is over.

Availability: Where do I buy this from. How reliable are the suppliers. What if there is a defect.

Will appreciate your inputs and suggestions.

Thanks

Ranjanpa

Check out the RGB Video Series over on AusChristmas:

First Video:

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,759.0.html

Also their Manual:

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1889.msg15570.html#msg15570

Edited by jimswinder

Thanks.

anyone out here in the US who has implemented this and has knowledge about suppliers to US markets, and other operational topics as in my question above.

Regards

Ranjanpa

Take a look at diylightanimation.com they work with the hardware and controllers for smart strings and dumb strings. Keep in mind 12V is better than 5V as the power drop off is lower.

I would like to explore using RGB pixels for my roof line and also maybe make a megatree. 

Are there any threads for newbies like me:

Cost: How much will this cost per 10 feet.

Hardware: What additional hardware is required in order to operate this in a LOR network.

Mounting: How do I mount and weatherproof this for installation on a roofline or a megatree

Difficulty level : How easy or difficult is this to intergrate in LOR network

Reliability: Is this outdoor rates. Can I leave this outside once the season is over.

Availability: Where do I buy this from. How reliable are the suppliers. What if there is a defect.

Will appreciate your inputs and suggestions.

Thanks

Ranjanpa

might help if you put your location in your profile, might be a fellow user located near you.

If you spend so time on the Ausi site you will see a lot of US LOR users there. That is why i suggested them.