Light-O-Rama Forums

Gangnam Style CCR sequence

BrianBruderer

Last year my kids suggested I do a sequence to "Gangnam Style." I told them I wanted to stick to Christmas songs. After the holidays were over I watched the Gangnam Style video and got a chuckle out of it. I experimented with some animations and ended up completing a sequence. Here it is:

http://youtu.be/VqRzVWggPSQ

I might note that the animations move fast enough that it looks better using two networks and the new 500K network speed. When using two networks running the 115K speed the animations did not move as smoothly and there was "bleed" of the colors. So this sequence would have required at least 4 networks using the 115K speed. Glad we have the 500K speed now!

• Like 3

Brian,

I'm a big fan of your creation and look forward to its further evolution.

I have been using SS for augmenting existing sequences in a traditional led but non RGB display. It is a fantastic tool and I have some great results. Any possibilitiy of lenghthing the effects to reduce some of the blinkiness on this type of display in the future?

Now that I have seen all you can do with the CCR's I have just got to go get me a 12 ribbon tree.

Gangham Style was pretty masterful in my book, great job. I have seen some of your other 12 ribbon sequences and loved them all. Gangham Style just put it over the top for me.

Chip

Yes, reducing the blinkiness of Instant Sequences is a high priority this year. I would also like to extend Instant Sequence to give more control over the type of Instant Sequences you can do. I should have that and some other things done by summer.

Brian, That is awsome I really loved it ........Fantastic job!   How would that sequence look on a tree using CCPs?   I was thinking of doing a 24 strand tree 360 degrees?

I have played the sequence on visualizations of pixel lights and it looks good, but not as good because CCPs are  "points of light" whereas CCRs are more continuous and the animations look better on the CCRs. Within a month or so I will set up my CCP tree and I can see then how animations look.

Brian I don't know anything about network speeds so is there a tutorial or something to guide me through on how to check on what I am currently using or how to change mine if need be.  Also I am currently using 3 networks, 2 for my CCR tree and one running 21 LOR boxes.  Since I am going to be adding 4 more CCR,s for next year I am planning on hooking them up on the same network as my LOR boxes.  If I have it right my current boxes only use 336 channels so putting 4 ccr's on the same network should be fine.  Am I correct?

thanks

Duane

Go to the lightorama main page, click on Support, then click on Video Tutorials. The SuperStar tutorials are at the bottom. There is one titled "SuperStar configuring multiple networks."

The above tutorial was made before there was 500K speed, so that has changed, but the rest of the principles covered in the tutorial are the same.

Also, it would be good to update the firmware in your CCRs to version 1.10 so you can use the 500K speed in your CCRs. But if all your 21 LOR boxes are not gen3, then they cannot use the 500K speed. This means you should keep you 21 LOR boxes on their own network and use the 115K speed on them. Then you can split up the CCRs between the other 2 networks and use 500K speed on them. The 500K speed is 4 times faster than 115K speed, so adding a few more CCRs to them will not be a problem. Or it is more convenient, you can use 4 networks and put the 4 new CCRs on their own network.

OK do not see where I can download the firmware 1.10 from.  Also where do I select the speeds from.  Do not know where I would set or change the speed of my CCR's to 500K at.  Do I have to change my usb 485 adapters for this?

thanks

How to use the USB 485 adapters is covered in the video tutorial "SuperStar configuring multiple networks."

The firmware is in the latest S3 download.

To download the firmware do the following:

1) have all of your CCRs connected to your computer

2) launch the hardware utility

3) click the Refresh button

4) click on the Firmware button in the bottom right

5) In the Step 1 box, click on "Selected unit listed above"

6) In the Step 2 box, click on "Open"

7) Select "CCR150D-v1_10.lhx", click on OK

8) In the Step 3 box, click on "Download"

It will take about a minute to download the firmware into the contoller. After it is complete, select another controller and click on the Download button again. Keep doing this until all the CCR controllers have the new firmware.

The speed of each network is set in the Sequence Editor

1) launch the Sequence Editor

2) click on the Edit menu, Preferences, Network Preferences

3) Set the speed of Standard (also called the Regular network) network at the top of the dialog box.

4) Click on the round button towards the right to expand the dialog box, and then you will see where to set the speed on all the Aux networks. Note that this is also where you set the com number of each network. This part is covered in the video tutorial "SuperStar configuring multiple networks."

• Like 1

Thanks Brian that is the information I was looking for and I now see in the new software 3.9 the faster speeds.  Now my show computer has been sent out for some repairs so unable to check that right now but I take it that the updated firmware 1.10 is now located in the S3- 3.9  software and I do not need do a separate download for them.

Thanks again for all your help.