Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Burst Prop

Ron Boyd

Can some of you Guru's take a look at this DMX Pixel prop and see if I wired it right? I'm pretty sure it's right, I'd just like to get a few more eyes on it and make sure I'm not missing something.

It's actually 73 pixels. The pole is made up of 25 pixels and pretty straight forward, but the Burst is what I'm curious about. Each of the 6 arms is made up of 8 pixels for a total of 48 pixels.

Thanks,

Ron

Edited by Ron Boyd

Looks correct to me. That is similar to how I did mine. Mine has many less pixels though. Looks like it will be pretty cool.

Edited by dougd

I assume that when you do your sequencing you will arrange the channels so that all the innermost pixels are next to each other, then the 2nd pixels, then the 3rd and so on so that you can easily do chases to make the "burst" pattern? I guess you could have other arrangements to allow for pinwheels by grouping all the pixels on one arm, then all on the next, and so on. Pretty cool exercise.

I assume that when you do your sequencing you will arrange the channels so that all the innermost pixels are next to each other, then the 2nd pixels, then the 3rd and so on so that you can easily do chases to make the "burst" pattern? I guess you could have other arrangements to allow for pinwheels by grouping all the pixels on one arm, then all on the next, and so on. Pretty cool exercise.

That was actually what I was thinking. I want to do the burst on the arms. If I understand correctly, I create the channels for each pixel, convert to RGB, and then group the channels into, in essence, rings? Innermost 6 pixels then the next 6 and so on? Would you be willing to share a couple of seconds of sequencing if you have something similar? I don't need much, just need to see how the channels would be set-up

Looks correct to me. That is similar to how I did mine. Mine has many less pixels though. Looks like it will be pretty cool.

I knew you had something similar and was hoping you saw this post. Now, when I get down there next month, I'm going to try to have this prop built so you can help me make sure I wire it properly on the pixel controller.

Thanks guys,

Ron

Edited by Ron Boyd

Well I got the channel config figured out. Now to re-do the full channel config to include these. Thanks for the help guys.

Doug, I'll see you on the 16th, next month.