Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Screen Controller?

jgp01

Does anyone know if it's possible to use a pixel screen controller to control pixel strings? I'm basically talking about the controllers they use for modular displays and concert backdrops. I'm sure there's some sort of correletion....

Ok 1st off

Ok I do appreciate your sales pitch, but  I didn't ask for a complete pixel control system, I asked a question.

And Travis, who is Fabian Gordon?? (Gordon Lights?)

Ok 1st off

Ok I do appreciate your sales pitch, but  I didn't ask for a complete pixel control system, I asked a question.

And Travis, who is Fabian Gordon?? (Gordon Lights?)

Yes Fabian is the owner of Gordon Lights.

Although he does sell this type of stuff, he is a awsome person to talk to and can answer all your questions on this kind of stuff.

He has helped me numerous times answering all my questions on the phone and through email.

Here is a link to his contact information

http://www.gordonlights.com/?page_id=59

I do not see why not. Your pixel screen controllers wouldn't really care where your pixels were. In fact when sequencing, if you add effects (based on a matrix screen so to speak) the controller would just tell the lights what to do, it may be mapped out all across your display instead of a small matrix. 

Sometimes adding a video render for a pixel screen to a linear RGB set can have some awesome yet unintended effects!

Any controllers in particular?

I love how when you ask a question people tell you other stuff to use...lol

Yes I could use a Sandevices controller, I could use J1sys's controllers I could use multiple dongles and multiple DMX universes etc etc etc. But if I ask a specific question, can we try to focus a little? (I'm really not trying to be a jerk),it just seems almost every time I'm on this board someone forgoes my
question, and comes at me with some other piece of hardware. If you want to try to sell me something at least do it in a round about way, addressing my question first...lol.

I do not see why not. Your pixel screen controllers wouldn't really care where your pixels were. In fact when sequencing, if you add effects (based on a matrix screen so to speak) the controller would just tell the lights what to do, it may be mapped out all across your display instead of a small matrix. 

Sometimes adding a video render for a pixel screen to a linear RGB set can have some awesome yet unintended effects!

Any controllers in particular?

No Baron, I was on Alibaba and I searched Pixel Curtains and Pixel screens and some controllers came up that I wasn't familiar with. I guess I could E-mail tha mfg. for more info, I just figured I'd ask the "community" first.

and thanks Travis.

May want to try your question over at doityourslfchristmas.com

I am of the opinion, there is always a way. May not be the easier, cheapest, cleanest, but there is a way. Sometimes, if your google-fu is strong, that is your best friend.

I am sure someone over there will have a great idea for you. Others will try to sell you something.

But, you have me curious, so I may start searching for pixel curtains on alibaba. I was speaking with Mr Gordon in early 2012 about pixel curtains but it didn't pan out.

Always looking for a new hole to throw money in!

Edited by thebaronn
  • Like 1

Very cool. If you have a revelation, please share! (and iI think it was actually AliExpress (same difference)) And thanks for the input.

If you are going the diy aproach (I am assuming you are) than the e682 is the way to go. Of you were looking at a comerical approach than the High End Systems Axon media server would better suit you. Hope this helps.