Light-O-Rama Forums

Where Have All The good Guys Gone

Guest Don Gillespie

Things that make you go Hmmmm

Why does lemon dish soap contain real lemons, but lemon juice is artificial flavoring?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of progress?

OP post #1

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that the forum is losing extremley intelligent and long time members, I have no clue as to why, any one know where they have gone?

OP post #118

No I don't beleive it was uncalled for Bob, made a statement and he should come clean by what he means, beating around the bush and running in circles is what irratates me, say what you mean or don't say anything at all.

I wonder if the OP beleives he is extremley irratated with himself.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TitusCarnathan

• Santas Helper

• TGabriel

• George Simmons

Guest Don Gillespie

Bob obviously you feel important when you think you can call some one a moron and tell me thats not what you said, I once asked you a long time ago for some help you were a dick then and you still continue to be dick, hopefully your followers will run to your aid and defend you, I can see through guys like you, now I am starting to see why they are leaving, it is because of guys like you.

So from a funny post, you have concluded that he called you a moron, and then proceed to bash him, and call him names.

And what does your post add to this thread, I asked what happened to all the good guys, you know the guys with a lot of knowledge, it seems a lot of people are very happy that some of them are gone, I for one am not happy about it, they had so much information about this hobby it is a shame to lose them.

What part didn't you understand? You didn't "just" ask a question.

Do you even know any of these people outside of this forum?

Have you met them in person?

If you are so upset they are gone, why are you still here?

You then go on to call someone a dick?

Just an FYI:

I don't know Bob, I am not a "follower"

Seriously?

I guess when grown adults act like children in school, Moderators are needed to be the "Principal".

He made this same kinda post when I became a Beta Tester. Just mad others get to play in the same sandbox is all. Those were good times. Ive yet to ignore anyone, nor will I. As for the guys who left, some will be missed as they were assets, some wont as they were just the asses and trolls that Don is trying to make anyone else out to be. They started this childs game, fortunatly the masses outweighed the few.

What i find interesting about this thread is that the OP knows very well what has happened to certain members, i just wonder what the motivation behind this thread is if the OP already knows the answer.

I expect that this thread will now have a limited life because its now degenerated to name calling

I have been watching this thread and feel that I should offer a few comments. First, in regards to the original post, the overall competence of the resources in this forum is not in question. The forum is and will continue to be an effective tool. With the support provided by our Help Desk ,via phone and support here in the forums, users can get their questions answered.

Someone noted that we had not edited or closed this thread and perhaps we were relaxing our moderation of the forums. That is not the case. We are not changing the philosophy that guides the moderation of the forums. Rather, for the most part, this thread had remained on topic and there had not been personal attacks. It is rudeness and personal attacks that lead to threads being edited or deleted.

Things have gotten personal in some “exchanges” in this thread. For example the following is something I consider personal: “…there was nothing belligerent about my post i simply talked about common sense, obviously some thing you don't have.”. (The full context is available here in the thread.) Moderators need to make judgments and we are not prefect but I would not have an issue with a moderator editing that post to: “there was nothing belligerent about my post i simply talked about common sense.” No important information would be lost with such an edit.

Another thing I will mention is a post where moderators were likened to “Hitler”. I find that offensive because in my opinion, Hitler and what he caused is so extreme that to liken it to something as insignificant as this forum belittles the atrocities of WWII. Regardless of the intention of the post it is not acceptable.

Our intention is to provide a friendly place for people to ask questions and get answers. We expect that we will see the same questions over and over. People have different capacity to do research and to understand documentation and will ask questions that are common sense to some. That is simply the way it is and what we do in support every day. As we have said so many times, if a post/question cannot be answered in a civil manor then no response is necessary. If you see something dangerous and cannot respond in a civil manor then please let us know.

I did not understand that the search in the forums was so poor. This is something I should have known and something I will have looked into.

Please respect one another. Sometimes you need to be the bigger person and not need to get in the last word.

Dan Baldwin

While its difficult to find anything productive to say about this thread. I do want to give ItsMeBobO a big thank you for all your software you have developed for the community. Papagayo to LOR is amazing and without it I would have never attempted singing faces. Even when I had issues with it and couldn't get it to work you chimed in quickly and helped me out. The clipboard flipper is amazing as well and without it I could have never created some of the affects I did this past year. So follower or whatever I just want you to know that what you do is greatly appreciated by many! Thanks again!

While its difficult to find anything productive to say about this thread. I do want to give ItsMeBobO a big thank you for all your software you have developed for the community. Papagayo to LOR is amazing and without it I would have never attempted singing faces. Even when I had issues with it and couldn't get it to work you chimed in quickly and helped me out. The clipboard flipper is amazing as well and without it I could have never created some of the affects I did this past year. So follower or whatever I just want you to know that what you do is greatly appreciated by many! Thanks again!

DITTO +1+1+1

Guest Don Gillespie

I have asked Dan to delete the thread as I beleive it has run its course, as the last few posts have absolutley nothing to do with the original post they are merely just bable.

+2

Dan: If your still following this thread.....My last sentence only stated

I've been on many forums and the main idea seems to me to share ideas and information and ask questions and not be put down buy Belligerent Posts.

No where was it stated that his post was was Blligerent, I was speaking in general, I can't help it if they can't or won't comprehend the thought before flying off the handle with other insedious remarks of there own.

As far as Its me Bob O is concerned, he above all people on this forum deserves more respect then he has recieved in this thread for how how he has helped this community. (But what do I know I don't have any common sense).

I'll get off my soap box now and go on to other posts to try and learn more.

Bob O Thanks for the software that I will be using this year. I hate to see a topiic on the forum get turned into non-sense. When the topic was name at the start is was heading in the right direction till name calling starts grabbing the center of attention. To me this forum is a family environment and should be treated as such. Eyes of the youth read this and respect of each other is the key. This will be the last time I check this topic and more foward to more important issues. Have a GREAT Day !!!

Jeff

The good people are still here IMHO! For a fact I know the OP knows what he was doing sstartinh this thread.... Much less knows where the folks he speaks of are..