Light-O-Rama Forums

sad..............

paralegalnc

I started yesterday taking down what I had in the back yard and will start today in the front. Like to get most of it up before it start raining the first of the week. It is sad to take it down, but will work on a new show for the 2013 season.

Thomas

Ran our last show last night. I was going to let it go thru NY Day but today is a good day to start winding up since it is the weekend still.

We still had about 20-30 cars last night overall but it has to end somewhere....

Great run this year!

Now where am I gonna put all this "stuff"??? :unsure:

Mine will run through NYE unless its pouring down rain which the weather is now saying will happen. If that's the case, then tonight is mine's last night.

Some people have asked me to keep it up through new years, so I will at least do that. I amy keep them on static until next weekend. I am working on some sequences for next year. Hopefully they will be in a somewhat decent state for testing by then....

Well for me, New Years Eve will be the last night, have already started the planning and design for next year, Great Season !!!

Only 327 Days till Lights up, better get Busy !!!

Ran the final Christmas show last night. Retired it I guess. I sat out there last night for about 2 hours and just watched it. I am so proud of myself.... the New Year's show will start tonight.... but still... it was my first show and it was awesome...if I do say so myself.

On the flip side...bought 178 boxes of lights today.... I'm sick, sick, sick....

The 12th day of Christmas is January 6th. That is when I turn my display off.

• Like 1

Last set of shows in about 1/2 hour. Thought no one would come last night with 10" of snow but there were cars all night. My family will come out at 8 for the last show. Sad but glad its over. ps. The LEDs look way cool buried under snow!

I like walking along the sidewalk when it's in static mode, it's like being in a fantasy world. I don't think I'm gonna be able to do anything for Valentine's this year, unless we get an early January thaw. I can't go on the roof and don't have a good plan B.

Well, my last show for the year is running now and after tonight, it gets shut off till next year after Thanksgiving and whatever I dream up. The nice part is that we have our sequences already done and just add to them for whatever we add or change during the year leading up to the new display season.

Our last night is tonight.

Kind of sad, like always, as I'm sitting here listening/watching the sequences for their last time through the rotation. After this year, I'm afraid it's time to let some of them go into retirement or stasis. I'm looking at major changes for next season's setup and 11 months just isn't enough time to sequence three hours worth of music and still get my custom sequencing orders completed. Bummer.

Next show - Thanksgiving 2013.

Did the last of taking down today. Everything is put away until next year, wait next year is another 30 minutes away. Time to get it back out already.

• Like 1

Well we were going to run through NYE but my computer caught a dang virus! so it ended I guess Friday was it's last night. Now my laptop is at the computer hospital getting all better. Makes me mad the people can create things like that before the virus protections can catch them. Came in with computer updates...or so it looked like one. Now I am wasting valuable time cuz all my stuff is on my computer and not my husband's. I'm up at 5 am when it's quiet...this is perfect sequencing time! I'm BORED! this time is usually filled with something relating to lights.... now I guess I'll just stalk the forums and learn something for next year. Gunna get 5 more controllers...I'm so excited! that's 128 channels!

our last show was last night, ended it at 11pm. Sad but excited because of ideas I have for this upcoming year. Time to get busy, have to figure out RGB wall washers, RGB Floods, Pixels and more.

Ran my last show last night. Kind of a let down to look out there this morning but time to start the tear down and think about next year!

Happy NewYear everybody.

Now I am wasting valuable time cuz all my stuff is on my computer and not my husband's. I'm up at 5 am when it's quiet...this is perfect sequencing time! I'm BORED! this time is usually filled with something relating to lights.... now I guess I'll just stalk the forums and learn something for next year. Gunna get 5 more controllers...I'm so excited! that's 128 channels!

Try "Dropbox" or "Skydrive". This way you can have your stuff on both PCs. Both are free. There are more out there but these are the two I know about. I use Skydrive for my sequence files and Dropbox for the LOR program and all my visualization files.

I'm sad today also. I took down all the controllers and some props last night before the rain. Most of my LEDs are sealed so I'll wait til the weekend to get everything else taken down. I want everything to be dry when I put it in storage.

2013 plans are almost finalized and some new props are already built. Sequencing has also begun.

Happy New year everybody. I hope for you all a happy and prosperous lighting season in 2013.

Ron

Edited by Ron Boyd

Everything is put away until next year,

Wow! You are a machine!

Tear down and put away takes me a long time. I make sure that every bulb is working before I store stuff. I have 5 more nights of "lights on", but it will probably take me until sometime in February before everything is tested and put away.

Last show last night...where I do my lights they have a daughter with a birthday on Jan 9th...so the rule has always been, no Christmas lights on the house for her birthday...so everything comes down today...

and what a day to do it...one of those BEAUTIFUL "not a cloud in the "bluest skies of Seattle" below freezing type of days...

Edited by jimswinder

This year was a different year for me, life bit me in the butt and I almost didn't get the show up. With the encouragement of family, friends strangers and help of family the show was up and running 10 days after thanksgiving. New years eve was the last night and was saddened to go dark tonight. tearing down is always sad times but looking forward to doing it all again next year.

When people drive by while you are setting up and say cant wait till it is running gives you warm fuzzies.

My wife bought a cattle prod to keep me going this new year and she was trying to tweak it for more power!

Happy new year all