Light-O-Rama Forums

sad..............

paralegalnc

Ran the final Christmas show last night. Retired it I guess. I sat out there last night for about 2 hours and just watched it. I am so proud of myself.... the New Year's show will start tonight.... but still... it was my first show and it was awesome...if I do say so myself.

On the flip side...bought 178 boxes of lights today.... I'm sick, sick, sick....

• Like 1

Why are you sad? Be happy! You survived the season, learned a little and now it is time to start planning for next year. It's a milestone, not something to be sad about.

on the flip side...bought 178 boxes of lights today.... I'm sick, sick, sick....

Wow i thought i got lucky when i snagged almost 50 boxes of lights, 178 boxes is insane

I'm stil running mine, maybe for another day or two then will shut it down. Figured I put that much time into it, might as well use it.

We watched ours as a family last night and the wife and kids both said they are going to feel sad when we don't have the lights on after new years.

SUCCESS!, that's my cue for a bigger show in 2013 now!

Led or incandescent?

bought mostly Leds...got a few (10) boxes of red incandesents

Got the lighting bug?!

not a bug...I got full blown CLAP! and my husband caught it from me. Think my nephew is getting some too...he is helping with ideas for next year.

I'm stil running mine, maybe for another day or two then will shut it down. Figured I put that much time into it, might as well use it.

well we are running a New Year's show through the 31st....

You know, there's nothing stopping you from running your lights after the New Year. Most people with static displays run through January and even into Febuary. So go semi static and enjoy. If you got snow like I do, why hurry.

Sam's club had just enough white led lights to convert my mini trees.

Edited by scubado

I just run simple animations through January and allows me to test new sequences for next year, besides we have 2 to 3 feet of snow out there and I'm to lazy to shovel out all the bits and pieces.

Cheers

Daryl B.

Congratulations to all for making it through the season. We had a great crowd on Christmas night. About 20 cars full of families. It was a nice night so people were out of their cars, windows down, music playing. My family was out as well and they true SUCCESS moment came when my wife started making suggestions to enlarge the show next year! As our into song says........Hallelujah!

After running two controllers/32 channels across two boats, then rushing home to run reinstall one controller for 16 channels at the house, I am totally smitten. Christmas day I started salivating over 1000' spools of C7 sockets and 100 ct. cases of multi-color C7 LED strobes. And what was music to my ears? My darling wife of 25 years saying "this year your display wasn't bright enough..." Wonderful! Enhancements unconditionally approved!

Tonight thru Sunday left for me. I am plum tuckered out. Last weekend we had approx. 80 - 90 cars parked in the field, per show, 3 shows a night. Between fixing dead strings and wind damage, I am fried and want to get everything in before it is 20 degrees out and a foot of snow on the ground. Don't know how some folks go past New Years.

we have found that no one is really stopping for the lights now... guess we will call it quits. :( Husband wants to try and get stuff down this weekend. We have to go out of town for his birthday (Vegas baby) maybe we'll win money for MORE LIGHTS!! I don't think it will be the taking down that is so time consuming but the organizing ya know... I have the boss' approval to buy 5 more controllers for next year. Had approval for 3 but got a really good deal on 5! whoo hooo! apparently CLAP is contagious!

Tonight thru Sunday left for me. I am plum tuckered out. Last weekend we had approx. 80 - 90 cars parked in the field, per show, 3 shows a night. Between fixing dead strings and wind damage, I am fried and want to get everything in before it is 20 degrees out and a foot of snow on the ground. Don't know how some folks go past New Years.

I hear ya on that Mike, day after Christmas ours came down. 4 people a 10 hour day and it was down except the lights on the 2nd story of the house. Now it's time to organize and fix lights