Light-O-Rama Forums

Memory Leak still in 3.9

zman

Thank you Dan! Merry Christmas to you, Mary and the entire LOR staff. I certainly appreciate what you do all year long.

Ditto!

the only issues i have had sence updatingto 3.9 is sometimes it skip lms files a unload has fixed it so far

Unloading/reloading the control panel daily definitely seems like a work-around for the problems I'm having. I suspect that's one reason this isn't a more widespread problem.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Fischer

• zman

• LOR Staff

• LightORamaDan

Although I havent noticed any issues, as my hardware can cope with the loss. Per Tim's post I checked LORMonitor with task manager and its currently sitting at 212,140k. im certain that cant be right?

When it comes to memory leaks, it's not so much the amount of memory being used, it's if the number is constantly going UP and never coming down (or leveling out).

It's pretty common for a program to consume what looks like a ton of memory - if nothing else needs it it's more effient for Windows to keep it in memory than garbage collect it or swap it out. It's only when it goes on an eating binge that there is a problem.

When ever anyone mentions a potential memory leak please let us know the following:

Version of LOR software Running,

Are compressed sequences used.

That type of network connections, LOR, Raw DMX, E1.31...

Also please note that the LOR Monitor program does cache during a show so checking memory usage during a show is expected to show a large number if you are using large sequences and/or a lot of sequences in the show. However the peak usage should stabilize after the second or third show. it is when the peak usage does not stabilize that we know we have a problem.

Thanks

Dan

Also please note that the LOR Monitor program does cache during a show so checking memory usage during a show is expected to show a large number if you are using large sequences and/or a lot of sequences in the show. However the peak usage should stabilize after the second or third show. it is when the peak usage does not stabilize that we know we have a problem.

Hi Dan,

Should that memory be released when the show ends but the monitor is in "wait for next show" mode? It was still very high in that situation for me.

I posted all my show stats/information/version stuff earlier in this thread.

Thanks much - hope you had a great Christmas.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

We had a nice Christmas... Always nice to get with family AND I won at cards this year! :)

Do you use compressed sequences? Do the "dummy sequences" you use for your audio only section have channels defined and/or timing marks (with no events) ?

Thanks

Dan

Hi Tim,

We had a nice Christmas... Always nice to get with family AND I won at cards this year! :)

Do you use compressed sequences? Do the "dummy sequences" you use for your audio only section have channels defined and/or timing marks (with no events) ?

Winning at cards is important! I lost at poker today myself with the family :)

I've been using the same dummy sequences for years - I'm pretty sure they have like 8 channels defined but nothing actually assigned. I'm not at the lighting computer now but if that's an important distinction I can get back to you. I do use compressed sequences.

-Tim