Light-O-Rama Forums

Well I just lost everything!

Jason Burge

I am truly sorry that you lost everything. I understand your pain... I have family on Staten Island who lost literally everything, their homne washed off the foundation and carriedaway by Sandy. As long as you and your family are ok then everything will be fine. Things can be replaced , thats what insurance is for. Good luck and Happy Christmas.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason Burge

• scubado

• Karenwatt

• harrison0550

I am so, so sorry to read this - it sounds absolutely horrific to go through, and worse to come home to and to be counting up the damage etc!!

Fingers crossed your insurance can cover a huge bulk of it for you, and best of luck getting back on your feet!!!

(oh and let us know if the thumb drive still works!!!)

That CTBD might be ok, once you replace U1 and u2. Lightning must have traveled through the com lines... those are the comm chips. But it could have toasted more too.

My father in law had his house get hit by lightning about 5 years back - we figure it hit the TV mast on the roof. He had things like this happen too - plugs shot out of outlets, but the connected appliance was fine. The ceiling upstairs under the TV mast exploded, as did a light bulb in the next room. Virtually every electronic appliance in the house was destroyed, as was the main circuit breaker panel.

Scary stuff.

Well we had a tornado warning tonight, no tornado here, the tree stood but I am getting pretty worried about the little Holdman star in this wind.

Hey Jason, sorry about your display and all. I would really consider taking that pine tree down, it's future health has been seriously damaged. Had one on our property that took a hit like that and it died in about 3 years.

Last year, my house or something darn close was hit but it took out all my landline phones and computer printer which is also a fax(tied to the phone line)...yet all my phone lines, cable, power and so on, are all under ground. Never did find the strike location but it cost me anyway.

• The topic was locked