Light-O-Rama Forums

CHEAP L.E.D. Floodlights at Walgreen's!

Orville

Went to my local Walgreen's on Monday and found LED Spotlights for $10.99! These are bright white LED spots and come with a Red and Green lens that just snaps onto tabs over the clear lens to change their color. The green is a bit pale and the red does appear more pink than red, but for the price they were a great deal, Include ground stakes, they are screwed onto a plastic stake and could possibly be screwed onto a threaded pipe for higher elevated use. 4' power cord {green}, LED Housings are green, have adjustable thumbscrews for up/down positioning and illumination. 120VAC, 2.5 Watts. Suitable for wet location, although says keep 16 feet away from pools or spas, Also states for use on GFCI protected circuits only.

Packaging does not state dimmable, but I ran an overnight test with them and they did everything all night and held up, they never even got warm to the touch, even at full on, their housings stayed cool to the touch, not a hint of warmth from them.

And I ran some tests on them, they will fade, shimmer, twinkle and will allow for varying intensities, so they work great with an LOR CTB16PC Controller.

They are made by Living Solutions and the packaging states OUTDOOR LED FLOOD LAMP WITH COLOR LENSES.

I got both for less than $20.00 since I also got on Walgreen's Senior Discount deal that was on Monday 12/2 only, and saved 15% on each LED Flood, but even without the discount, these are a bargain! Very bright.

I know the photo may not be very good, but here is what they look like in daylight {they are not on in this photo}. Get 'em while you can!

Shown with the red and green lenses installed.

Yes, I know they aren't 16' away from my little waterfall pond.

Edited by Orville

I picked up 2 at Lowes. Sounds like the same thing. I'm using them for the radio sign. 2 of them really light up a Shindigz.com banner.

These are the exact flood I picked up earlier this summer on a closeout. I drilled a hole in the plastic yoke on one side of the threaded base. Then removed the lawn spike and attached the light to the eves of my house with a drywall screw. The thumbscrews make it easy to aim them where I want them to be. As far as use, I use them like any others do when emphasizing that special part of my song. I think I picked them up for $2.50 a piece on closeout. Will definitely be looking for more of these on the after Christmas sales.

-RainyOregonChristmas

I also picked 2 of these up at local lowes @ 10.00 each...highlighting my tune to sign and also backlighting my steel wagon wheel on my display. I'm not sure about durability, but they seem to be working for what I need. video is on facebook.... Lights of Palmyra if interested to see... I would post it here but I'm having issues with the learning curve on this part :(

Hope I can find them for $2.50¢ each after Christmas. Would love to add quite a few more just to use year round for highlighting stauary in my flower garden/pond area.

I also saw them at Walgreens and picked up a dozen for cutouts; they work very well.

It's about time someone came out with these.

• 1 year later...

Just hit local Walgreens and found 9 for 75% off.  Then I found this thread wondering if they would....  I hit some good finds this year compared to last - where everything seemed to be gone before Christmas.

• The topic was locked