Light-O-Rama Forums

Start / Stop button wish for Visualizer

Robert Burton

Here's another "Yes" for this wishlist item being implemented - stay on top is great when playing a sequence but frustrating when wanting to stop playback of a sequence earlier than expected. It is during this where one must end the simulation mode of the visualiser and then go find the stop button in the sequencer. Perhaps by then the light pattern that one stopped the playback for to go fix is now off the screen, making the whole process a bit clunky.

Edited by marquisite

Do you know if your mouse is on the Sequence and you hit the space bar this stops the Sequence from playing and you don't have to stop the visualizer first. at least that's been my experience.

Do you know if your mouse is on the Sequence and you hit the space bar this stops the Sequence from playing and you don't have to stop the visualizer first. at least that's been my experience.

Mmmm. I can't get it to do that.

As I mentioned before, the only way I could is to have a split screen or minimized to half screen for both editor and visualizer. Just gets tiny doing it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a laptop to program and a purchase a second flat monitor. Usb port powerToshiba. One for LOR program only and the other on visualizer display. Works great.

I just have my sequencer at the bottom of the screen (restore) showing just enough to hit the play and stop buttons. The visualizer sceen is just big enough so that the sequencer doesn't interfere with anything when viewing. This way I can have a cell in the sequencer selected and just hit spacebar to start and stop to see just a part of the sequence. Then I just maximize the sequence window to bring it up full screen for editing. Works well for me and no real flipping between windows, just resizing the sequencer window using restore and maximize buttons in the top right corner.