Light-O-Rama Forums

superstar configuration

ken collins

I have a display with several controllers, intermixed with ccr's. IE: controllers 1-7 are 16chnl, on net normal, units 08-0B, are ccr arch's, on net A, 0c-11 are 16 chnl controllers, net normal, units 12-17 are ccr stick light on net B, then more 16chnl net normal controllers, then unit 30-35 ccr tree net C and 36-3B on aux D.

Where do I set-up aux D in the superstar configuration? Am I still ok to do it this way, or do I need to change everythig into a consective type order?

If you are in CCR Mode the configuration of the controllers is done by clicking on the Tools menu and selecting Configuration. The Unit Ids of the CCRs are required to be in order and contiguous and the networks are required to be in groups also.

If you are in Visualization mode then the Unit Ids and network assignments is taken from the Visualization.

Which mode are you running in?

Thanks Brian, I'm in ccr mode. I was just adding 12 more ccr's to some existing sequences. All my 16 chnl controllers are run off the normal network, and my ccr's ar split between networks a-d. Last year I programed the ccr's I had by hand, and this year used superstar. I was geting ready to export the ccr files to main sequence and got into the configuration part of the procress and got stumped.

I just downloaded version 3.7 because I've been waiting for the feature that allows for more sequencing rows, but now I can't find where to turn on the extra rows or set the "Max Length".

thanks.
Edited by Frank Farmer

Click on the Tools menu and select "Import Visualization"

In the "Import Visualization" dialog box you can set the length of the sequencing rows.

There is not an option to have extra rows. Can you give me more details of what it is you want to do?

In the superstar sequencer where you have 40 layers to work with, I was hoping I could get more layers to sequence on.

I have a few morphs that consists of 48 components. When I copy and paste this effect it sprawls all over the place, then I have to stack it back together again.

If I had a way to copy and paste stacked morphs on layers, that would help too.

Did that make sense?

I just found the "shift+paste" option, that keeps my stacked morphs together when I do a copy-paste.

It would still be nice to have more layers for creating the original morph combinations for creating new effects.

Glad you found "Shift + Paste"

Yes, I use more than 40 layers sometimes too, it would be nice to increase that.

When I have an effect that uses a lot of layers, and I am all done creating it, I move all the layers on top of each other to give me room to put other effects along with it. But of course then if you ever want to modify that effect you have to do a single click on it and move each effect to its own layer again in order to once again spread out the effect so you can work on it.

The problem is that I wanted to make it so you could shrink the view and see all the layers at once and right now when you shrink it to see all 40 layers, they are very small. But nevertheless I understand your suggestion, I face the same problem in my sequences.