Light-O-Rama Forums

Fogger Chiller

TJ Hvasta

yo TJ my freezer kicks out 100 ice cubes a day and i never really use them so i just empty the pot into a bag and stick them in my spare freezer

every £ i save makes my charity budget for lights and controllers better lol

well, thar ya be, 'mate.. 'tis a fine thin' usin' yer own.. an' savin crowns, dabloons, pieces o' eight..

Edited by TJ Hvasta

• 3 months later...

I realize that I am a little late to this party, but I just got here in time for Christmas... :)

I use a garbage can chiller, and I always use dry ice for two reasons:

1. Dry ice is much, much colder than regular ice, which helps mitigate the higher temperature differentials of the fogger and the outside air temp. Colder fog is ALWAYS better.

2. Dry ice sublimates directly to gas, leaving no liquid behind to either cause a mess, require ducting to manage it, or cause a potential shock hazard with the lights and stuff.

I have a coffin with an animatronic vampire who rises up and talks... So I have the fog half dumping into (and filling) the coffin, and half flowing to the ground. When the vampire rises (and by then he's completely covered), he not only spills more fog onto the ground, but makes a much more scary entrance since he could not be seen before.

I light the ground with strobes, which give the smoke that stutter-start effect and make the whole walk up to get the candy that much more surreal.

Two more non-chilled fog machines fill the air, adding to the disorienting effect of the strobes. One comes out of the mouth of a creature in a tombstone, and the other comes out of the bushes.

A video showing how it is done... this video uses a trash can but as discussed already can be many different options.....

Edited by Tindivall
  • Like 1