Light-O-Rama Forums

New Feature in Hardware Utility

jimswinder

BrandonH wrote:

Could you have had all 16 channels selected in the HU and only 5 strings of lights attatched?

Nope...

well..obviously my Alzheimer's is more advanced than I thought...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Shubb

• Surfing4Dough

• BrandonH

The only time I've ever had the HWU or SE act strange, odd or wierd {your choice} is if I am running a show from the DC-MP3 Showtime Director and I try to test lights or run a sequence in the SE while the Showtime Director is running things and I've left the USB Cable attached to the USB485B dongle.

Other than that, HWU works just as the video shows in comparison of S2 with S3, no difference.

Sorry Jim, as much as I'd love to take your Orange C6 LED 100ct string from you, I won't doctor the evidence that shows the truth.

So now let's see what else we can find that may be different that could possibly do this.....

I am running Windows XP Home Edition on both the Desktop and Wife's Laptop the tests were done on.

Desktop: 2GB Ram, 250GB HD, VGA HD LCD Monitor.

Laptop 4GB Ram. 320GB HD, VGA LCD HD Monitor.

So maybe you were running this in Windows '98 when it did this? Although most of the folks here that have been in this from the beginning never had this odd occurence, and that may have been back in Windows '95 days I'd have to guess, since I don't keep up with dates of Windows new releases, nor do I know the actual release of the first LOR software/suite.

But no matter how hard I tried to duplicate what you say happened with you, I just can't get the LOR S2 or S3 suite to create it. And I've tried quite a few things to attempt it, running other software in the background. sometimes up to 5 programs and still could not replicate the all 16 channel or what may appear to be all 16 channels being checked under the chase test option.

So I have got to still agree with the others that the HWU just doesn't work that way, at least not in S2 {2.7.6} or S3 {3.4.0} that I tried with.

When LOR first started, I wrote the Hardware Utility as a way to test the hardware that I was building. Other people wrote the rest of the software.

When I wrote the Hardware Utility, only the selected channels were involved in the chase so if you selected only two channels it would ping/pong quickly between those two channels. I do not believe the code has been changed.

As far as things acting weird when the MP3 director is running while attached to the PC, In that case we have two directors running on the same network, The MP3 Director and the PC. Their commands "collide" and garble things so you get strange results.

Dan