Light-O-Rama Forums

New Feature in Hardware Utility

jimswinder

Perhaps it has been in there since S3 was first introduced (probably) but just noticed as I was doing some testing that when you now Select Circuits To Test in the Hardware Utility, it will now only cycle through those circuits selected instead of all 16...

But like I mentioned...more than likely this is old news since I have not used the Hardware Utility for awhile..

Bit if it is a recent update...

THANKS GUYS (and GALS)!!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Shubb

• Surfing4Dough

• BrandonH

wbottomley wrote:

That's been there since 1.5 (I started using it then). Sorry Jim... LMAO
I know one thing...I can't trust you William!!! lol

I KNOW it wasn't there in S2...at least MY version!!! ;)

(at least I don't recall...)

come on guys...SOMEONE (other than George S.) back me up here!!!

Or else no more "falling Mega Tree cracks!!!! :P

Don wrote:

Sorry, Jim. Been there as long as I can remember too.

I'm hoping you are old and senile like myself and can't remember past yesterday? ;)

Dang!!!

I swear it was not like that the last time I used it!!! :shock:

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Support document for S2 v2.3.4 verifies it at least back to then (page 269):

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/2.3.4/LORHelp.pdf

Must have been too busy cleaning up your mega trees to notice it before now.

okay..yes, I agree the "Test Circuits" has always been there...I am talking about how it cycles....I still say before, it went through all 16 channels no matter what you had checked...I don't see anything in the document (but I am blind) that surf4money pointed out that says otherwise.

Test Outputs (test lights)
To test that your controllers can control your lights, select "Test Outputs (test lights)" as your "TestMode". After selecting the circuits that you wish to test (by checking their boxes in the "Select Circuits to Test" section), you can send a lighting effect command to those circuits by choosing the "Light Mode", "Start Intensity", "End Intensity", and "Fade Duration", and clicking on either the "ON", "OFF", or "Fade" buttons. Note: If "ON" is used, the intensity is specified via "End Intensity", not
"Start Intensity". Alternatively, the "Chase Sequence" section can be used to turn the selected circuits on and off in
sequence

Guest wbottomley

jimswinder wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
Support document for S2 v2.3.4 verifies it at least back to then (page 269):

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/2.3.4/LORHelp.pdf

Must have been too busy cleaning up your mega trees to notice it before now.

okay..yes, I agree the "Test Circuits" has always been there...I am talking about how it cycles....I still say before, it went through all 16 channels no matter what you had checked...I don't see anything in the document (but I am blind) that surf4money pointed out that says otherwise.

Test Outputs (test lights)
To test that your controllers can control your lights, select "Test Outputs (test lights)" as your "TestMode". After selecting the circuits that you wish to test (by checking their boxes in the "Select Circuits to Test" section), you can send a lighting effect command to those circuits by choosing the "Light Mode", "Start Intensity", "End Intensity", and "Fade Duration", and clicking on either the "ON", "OFF", or "Fade" buttons. Note: If "ON" is used, the intensity is specified via "End Intensity", not
"Start Intensity". Alternatively, the "Chase Sequence" section can be used to turn the selected circuits on and off in
sequence

That's been there as well.

Jim, I promise they are not messing with you. The selection of channels to cycle has been around as long as I can remember, and I started with version 1.5 or something in the S1 suite. I would use that feature all of the time in S2 to test circuits.

BrandonH wrote:

Jim, I promise they are not messing with you. The selection of channels to cycle has been around as long as I can remember, and I started with version 1.5 or something in the S1 suite. I would use that feature all of the time in S2 to test circuits.
I'm not doubting the "selection of channels to cycle has been around as long as I can remember" has always been there...

but rather HOW they cycle

oh never mind!!!

I should have known better not to post it in the first place!! :cool:

Sorry Jim, these folks are all correct. It's been there. I used it myself and I started with S2. Yes, it's been there.

If you uncheck some boxes, those circuits remain off, check them and they will come on.

Been that way in all the areas where light testing can take place.

Maybe now we know why Jim's mega trees fall over..... He doesn't remember you need to anchor them down all the way around, and only does one side of the mega tree, leaving the opposite side unanchored and voila, toppled mega tree!:P:shock: ROFL {Sorry Jim, just couldn't resist!}

Orville wrote:

Sorry Jim, these folks are all correct. It's been there. I used it myself and I started with S2. Yes, it's been there.

If you uncheck some boxes, those circuits remain off, check them and they will come on.
I don't think you are understanding....

Yes, I agree that you were able to check one or multiples of the circuits and then when you ran the test only those circuits checked would turn on..

I'm not saying that...

I'm saying that even if you only had circuits 3,4,5 and 6 checked, it would still cycle through all 16 circuits (but only turn on 3,4,5 and 6)...but now it seems (to me anyway) that now it only cycles through circuits 3, 4, 5 and 6) instead of all 16...

guess I need to reload S2 and prove to myself that I really am (or am not) crazy!! lol

In Jim's defense, he is correct.
In prior version's when you selected and few channels and then clicked "chase"
it would chase through all 16, but only turn on the selected. So if you had 3 channels selected there was a delay before they looped back on.
Now, it cycles through only the ones selected. No delay.

I'm not saying Jim is sane, only he is correct in this case.

Scott

Shubb wrote:

I'm not saying Jim is sane, only he is correct in this case.

THANK YOU SCOTT!!!!!

After I escape...errr, I mean after they release me from this "hospital", I owe you big time!!!!

jimswinder wrote:

Orville wrote:

I don't think you are understanding....

Yes, I agree that you were able to check one or multiples of the circuits and then when you ran the test only those circuits checked would turn on..

I'm not saying that...

I'm saying that even if you only had circuits 3,4,5 and 6 checked, it would still cycle through all 16 circuits (but only turn on 3,4,5 and 6)...but now it seems (to me anyway) that now it only cycles through circuits 3, 4, 5 and 6) instead of all 16...

guess I need to reload S2 and prove to myself that I really am (or am not) crazy!! lol

Okay, NOW I understand what you're talking about. But hate to tell you, no it worked just like it does now. I just loaded up S2 version 2.7.6 that I started with. It does not highlight the unchecked boxes. Works exactly the same as it does in S3 3.4.0 that I am using on the desktop. Had the old version still installed on my wifes old laptop and just verified it works the same way. No delays from either version.

BTW: I have created a video of S2 vs S3, and will post it on Vimeo. Will post the link once it is uploaded and ready for viewing.

Orville wrote:

It does not highlight the unchecked boxes.
did you do a test chase in both?

Scott...we need video of both versions in action!!! LOL