Light-O-Rama Forums

Watch out for Greatleds

plasmadrive

Orville wrote:

rescue_653 wrote:
Orville wrote:
rescue_653 wrote:
Exactly what Police crime scene lab did you take them to? I must have missed something in all my years about taking them to a police crime lab and just dropping them on the table for them to jump right on.

Just a specialized lab set up for forensics investigations to determine cause of death, how long the body had been in the elements, was the final resting place the actual crime scene.   The labs could be makeshift, or they could be in a regular funeral home with an area set aside for the task away from the public view.

It wasn't our job to ask why or what, just where do you want us to take the body or bodies too.

How long ago has this been?

Back when BBS's were in bloom and no such thing as public access internet.  Really don't recall the dates as I only did it for a very short time, probably about 2-3 months and never kept track of it.
[align=center][/align]

Wow Orv the way you talked with as much as you had seen I would have thoughr you had done it for years. You made it seem that you had seen everything. So either there was a lot you didn't see in that short period of time or you live in a horrific area with an ungodly crime rate. They must have one busy police lab.......I mean medical examiners office.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plasmadrive

• rescue_653

• shfr26

• edvas69

rescue_653 wrote:

Orville wrote:
rescue_653 wrote:
Orville wrote:
rescue_653 wrote:
Exactly what Police crime scene lab did you take them to? I must have missed something in all my years about taking them to a police crime lab and just dropping them on the table for them to jump right on.

Just a specialized lab set up for forensics investigations to determine cause of death, how long the body had been in the elements, was the final resting place the actual crime scene. The labs could be makeshift, or they could be in a regular funeral home with an area set aside for the task away from the public view.

It wasn't our job to ask why or what, just where do you want us to take the body or bodies too.

Back when BBS's were in bloom and no such thing as public access internet. Really don't recall the dates as I only did it for a very short time, probably about 2-3 months and never kept track of it.

[align=center]

Wow Orv the way you talked with as much as you had seen I would have thoughr you had done it for years. You made it seem that you had seen everything. So either there was a lot you didn't see in that short period of time or you live in a horrific area with an ungodly crime rate. They must have one busy police lab.......I mean medical examiners office.

When I did this, the crime rate was really bad in the area. The fellow asked if I'd want to do it, and since I was a horror movie junkie, I actually expected it to be no worse than what you see in them. Was I ever wrong on that one![/align]
Seems the crime rate is getting to be almost as bad now as it was during those few months, keep reading or seeing on the news about people and children getting shot, stabbed or killed in some fashion.

But no way am I going to get involved in this kind of thing again.

Like said, that 2-3 month stint was enough to last me a lifetime.

Orville wrote:

rescue_653 wrote:
Orville wrote:
rescue_653 wrote:
Orville wrote:
rescue_653 wrote:

Just a specialized lab set up for forensics investigations to determine cause of death, how long the body had been in the elements, was the final resting place the actual crime scene. The labs could be makeshift, or they could be in a regular funeral home with an area set aside for the task away from the public view.

Back when BBS's were in bloom and no such thing as public access internet. Really don't recall the dates as I only did it for a very short time, probably about 2-3 months and never kept track of it.

[align=center]

When I did this, the crime rate was really bad in the area. The fellow asked if I'd want to do it, and since I was a horror movie junkie, I actually expected it to be no worse than what you see in them. Was I ever wrong on that one![/align]

Kinda bummed there were no zombie bodies to pick up? Only humans? :shock:

Don Gillespie wrote:

Ok I have to ask this who has ever sky dived?? Orv :P

I tried it back in the 80's had a blast

Ya got me there Don. I hate heights, make me dizzy and nauseous, so sky-diving is not for me. I flew in a small Cessna a couple of times and one 747 {I think it was a 747} once and that was the end of my flying days after I got on the ground. Fortunately it was only a one way flight home, next time I take the train!

And no I wasn't ever a pilot either, just because I KNEW you'd ask. LOL

And I haven't scuba dived either. Just not my forte.

Orville wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

Ya got me there Don. I hate heights, make me dizzy and nauseous, so sky-diving is not for me. I flew in a small Cessna a couple of times and one 747 {I think it was a 747} once and that was the end of my flying days after I got on the ground. Fortunately it was only a one way flight home, next time I take the train!

I I take it bungee jumping is out too?

Orville wrote:
I hate heights... [snip]

...And I haven't scuba dived either. Just not my forte.
Fear of depths also?

Orville   Fortunately it was only a one way flight home, next time I take the train!

So have you tried out being a train engineer then?

Orville wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

So where did you go in the 747? Orlando to Miami? Or maybe Ft. Myers?

DonFL wrote:

Orville wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:

Tampa to Orlando

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Orville wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:

I I take it bungee jumping is out too?

Orville wrote:
I hate heights... [snip]

...And I haven't scuba dived either. Just not my forte.
Fear of depths also?

Nope, no bungee jumping, no ferris wheels, although I will ride a roller coaster from time to time.

I don't even like getting on a ladder to string lights on the house. And where I am this year, there isn't going to be any around the top part of the house. Just don't have a ladder that is stable enough to do the job, so if I do put any on the home, they'll be just over the windows, if even that. Might only be outlined along underneath the windows. May not even outline the windows either, not until I can find a better, more stable ladder for the areas it has to sit on.

EDIT: Forgot, no, no fear of depths, just as I have gotten older have gotten somewhat claustrophobic and don't like dark places that may feel inadequate, also don't trust alligators {fresh water} or sharks {salt water}, so I stay out of the water too. I don't even go fishing anymore.:shock:

rescue_653 wrote:

Orville Fortunately it was only a one way flight home, next time I take the train!

So have you tried out being a train engineer then?

Believe it or not, yes, but not officially. I used to hang out with a switching crew and got to know the engineer and conductor very well. Even got to know and shake hands with some of the bigwigs of the RR.

Got a few rides in the loco and they let me pilot it a few times too in the yard. But that was something they weren't really supposed to do.

The conductor always tried to get me to go to school to come to work with them, but unfortunately my vision ruled that out. Couldn't pass the eye test being legally blind in the right eye, it's also what ended my electronics career early.

Although I have always loved the idea and wanted to work on the railroad, tried many times from the time I got right out of High School, but always got turned down, even though I had relatives that worked for other rail lines, L&N and C&O, but SAL/SCL always shot me down. But I did become great friends with the stationmaster until they did away with his job when things got more automated.

But he was very close to retirement anyway by the time all the changeovers were occurring.

Anyone else hanging around the depot he'd run off, but he always allowed me to stay and chat with him once he found out I had relatives working the rails and I wasn't an idiot kid just there to "mess around" or deface the rolling stock {paint graffitti on the cars} like others did.

Everyone always said he was a tyrant of the depot, vicious and mean, but instead of running off like others, I actually started asking him questions about the trains, what he actually did there, and that I was familiar with train and rail safety since I had relatives currently working in the industry. And we ended up becoming good friends for the duration he was there. I think they retired him sometime in or around 1983 or 1984 when CSXT merged with just about everyone, L&N, C&O, SCL, etc. Of course by 1984 I was in my late 20's, and I started hanging out at the depot sometime around 1969.

Sorry you asked? LOL

Orville wrote:

DonFL wrote:
Orville wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:

Tampa to Orlando

Wow..in a 747...really?

Orville

EDIT: Forgot, no, no fear of depths, just as I have gotten older have gotten somewhat claustrophobic and don't like dark places that may feel inadequate, also don't trust alligators {fresh water} or sharks {salt water}, so I stay out of the water too.    I don't even go fishing anymore.:shock:

So I'm guessing that takes you out of alligator wrestling?

You know you lived around Florida long enough have you made any friends over at NASA? I mean man just a chance to drive the shuttle crawler or even ride out to the site with the astronauts.

rescue_653 wrote:

You know you lived around Florida long enough have you made any friends over at NASA? I mean man just a chance to drive the shuttle crawler or even ride out to the site with the astronauts.

Didn't work at NASA directly per se, but most of my electronics career was military based equipment or space exploration equipment. Built quite a few projects over my years in the industry and yes, used to know a few engineers and others in NASA circles, but that's been years and most of the folks I knew are now either retired or deceased.

DonFL wrote:

Orville wrote:
DonFL wrote:
Orville wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:
Ok I have to ask this who has ever sky dived?? Orv :)

Tampa to Orlando

Wow..in a 747...really?

Like stated, I am not sure if it was a 747, but seem to recall that is what it was, it may have been something smaller, I don't keep track of planes or types, so not sure, just know it was a 7?7 something.

rescue_653 wrote:

Orville

EDIT: Forgot, no, no fear of depths, just as I have gotten older have gotten somewhat claustrophobic and don't like dark places that may feel inadequate, also don't trust alligators {fresh water} or sharks {salt water}, so I stay out of the water too. I don't even go fishing anymore.:shock:

So I'm guessing that takes you out of alligator wrestling?

You couldn't pay me anywhere near enough to do that!