Light-O-Rama Forums

CDI Pre Order Update

paul sessel

Dan, Hope your round two also. I was round 4 last year. I didn't get my stuff till Sept or was it early Oct. I was getting just a bit concerned. I was using the stuff I ordered to make a lot of display items so I had to do the hardware building later than I cared for. Suppose it all comes out in the wash, cause this year I was in the first group. LOL

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• paul sessel

• Max-Paul

• Dan C

• JSelph

ace_master wrote:

pstigerfan wrote:
ace_master wrote:
Just got my order :)
Got bent over for a $750 UPS brokerage fee.:shock:
I sure hate UPS! But sure love CDIs products!

Thanks Paul!

Ouch about the UPS Brokerage fee. What exactly is that for anyway? I assumed that the shipping cost would cover everything. Even though I hate UPS, I'll sure use them everyday compared to the USPS.
Any shipment that UPS brings in to Canada gets this treatment. Sometimes Canadians end up paying 80% of the value of the shipment in UPS fees... you never know what to expect until it comes across the border, and by then you either pay the fee or forfeit the package.

So this is really a Canadian Import Duty tax issue. My company (www.latham.org) has urged Canadian orders to use the Canadian Post for shipment - seems that somehow they don't pay the duties that Canada charges for any UPS inbound freight. I've tried various markings - but nothing seemed to work - if you want to get it into Canada relatively cheaply - use the post office and the shipment seems to get a pass.

• 2 weeks later...

So, just got notification that our 40 foot container of LED strings lights should be dropped off on Monday. Tuesday we will unload it. Wednesday & Thursday we should make about 55 people happy!

We have about a 10 day wait for the strobes and attachon plugs. When we get those in, we make another 75 people happy.

We should get the balance of our containers in May and be ready to "get our Christmas on"!

Sweet!I'm ready for you now Paul;I just got my new,bigger,taller shed delivered today.And looking back on my original order--I'm going to need the additional space.

Ralph Priest wrote:

Sweet!I'm ready for you now Paul;I just got my new,bigger,taller shed delivered today.And looking back on my original order--I'm going to need the additional space.

You are not in next weeks batch. Might be due to your shipping instructions. (3 orders)

Hi Paul! Just need a heads up on my order so I can plan storage space! :D

-Gary Levelius-

Gary Levelius wrote:

-Gary Levelius-

Dang Gary, must have made one heck of a haul. :P

RaceMedic wrote:

Sorry Paul ....

Can I ask about my order also ?!

Thanks,

Dave

Sorry Paul ....

Dave Geall

I am just trying to coordinate picking up 2 orders that you are shipping to in NY state.

The other shipment is for Anne Zujko of the Milton Hospital Foundation.

If you don't mind updating me on both.

Dave

RaceMedic wrote:

RaceMedic wrote:
Sorry Paul ....

Can I ask about my order also ?!

Thanks,

Dave

Sorry Paul ....

Dave Geall

I am just trying to coordinate picking up 2 orders that you are shipping to in NY state.

The other shipment is for Anne Zujko of the Milton Hospital Foundation.

If you don't mind updating me on both.

Dave

They will ship in about 10 days.

Max-Paul wrote:

Gary Levelius wrote:

-Gary Levelius-

Dang Gary, must have made one heck of a haul. :)

Hehehe, I have no idea how many boxes it will actually ship in for sure so I figured I better make lots of room!

Paul,

Any idea about how many boxes That order will be? I don't wanna have to hang them from the rafters ya know :)

-Gary Levelius-

Gary Levelius wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:
Gary Levelius wrote:

-Gary Levelius-

Dang Gary, must have made one heck of a haul. :)

Hehehe, I have no idea how many boxes it will actually ship in for sure so I figured I better make lots of room!

Paul,

Any idea about how many boxes That order will be? I don't wanna have to hang them from the rafters ya know :)

-Gary Levelius-

Somewhere around 15 boxes.