• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• Surfing4Dough

• thobby04@gmail.com

• trafficman

What about this? I found it in his store. If you where to make it waterproof in some way, and place vinyl letters on it and it can change colors with the display. Anyone use this?

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/209888947-365246023/300mm-600mm-RGB-led-panel-light-56pcs-red-56pcs-green-56pcs-blue-leds-total-48W-with.html

Attached files 309416=16914-300mm-600mm-RGB-led-panel-light-56pcs-red-56pcs-green-56pcs-blue-leds-total-48W-with.jpg

I know its RGB. But Ray describes it as looking like a long neon tube, without the neon gases! So it's bendable and 360 degrees!

Which one? The roll, is just like the dumb 5050 stuff out there that people are buying. And the panel is the same way.

They both look good! I have to change my sign this year to a different FM feq. I though the panel this would look good! Its RGB and has 4 wires. He said, it works just like the 5050 ribbons. But in a panel design.

Remember the RGB strobes that was talked about on here. I was wonder if our new friend Ray Wu has heard of these.

So I sent him this message:

Ray,
Have you ever heard of a RGB Xenon Strobe? It's a typical xenon "U Tube", with three bulbs, each one is pressurized with different types of inert gas. This allows them to flash as normal but with intended color, red, green, or blue.
Ray

This is his reply:
Dear Ray,
Thanks for your mail! Sorry, I checked with some suppliers, but no one has not found it.
Best regards
Ray

I'm not trying to start anything. I just wanted to pass this on. We will see!

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Remember the RGB strobes that was talked about on here. I was wonder if our new friend Ray Wu has heard of these.

So I sent him this message:
Ray,
Have you ever heard of a RGB Xenon Strobe? It's a typical xenon "U Tube", with three bulbs, each one is pressurized with different types of inert gas. This allows them to flash as normal but with intended color, red, green, or blue.
Ray

This is his reply:
Dear Ray,
Thanks for your mail! Sorry, I checked with some suppliers, but no one has not found it.
Best regards
Ray

I'm not trying to start anything. I just wanted to pass this on. We will see!

Ever since I received info on those "colored Xenon Strobes" I have been searching high and low almost daily trying to find a "sealed" Xenon bulb in various colors that would fit a standard strobe lamp fixture.

The only thing I can find is the SMALL AUTOMOTIVE strobe xenon strobe bulbs that sometimes are in red, blue, green, amber and clear (white), and most often, with few exception these required a "colored" opague cap to be placed over the clear bulb, but not always.

I checked with a couple of my electronic companies I had worked for in the past and they couldn't find any such thing either. They all stated any strobes in color would be due to the lense color, but the Xenon tube as most electronics parts places usually call them, do not come in assorted colors, only clear.

I agree, we're not trying to start anything, but if this person really has an actual source for COLORED Xenon strobes, they need to come forth with it so it can not only be verified, but allow others to purchase them.

However, I am of the firm belief these do not exist and someone is yanking our chain.

After all, if they existed, someone, somewhere on the forums would have found them by now and shared that information with the rest of us. I know if I had found them, I'd sure post the url and where to get them! If they really exist at all, I'd love to be able to replace just some of my single strobes with a colored bulb for highlighting certain areas in that wash of color.

Well, guess what folks, I FINALLY found COLORED Xenon strobe tubes! So yes, they DO EXIST! So I have to retract my previous statment.

Not sure of their voltages, so can't say if they would or would not work in a standard strobe lamp fixture, but they look like they could.

Here's a link to RED and BLUE Xenon Strobe Tubes (Spiral Tube - 3 pin):
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/529593664/Colourful_Sprial_Xenon_Flash_Tube_Strobe.html

Blue (Standard Strobe Tube 3-pin):
http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/100466550/Xenon_Flash_Tube_Colored.htmlue

Only color I "could not" find was green!

Was that first post RGB rope lights? Hope so it would be great for my house. Not sure how long I could make it without the need of another power supply.

Well I tried to enter an e-mail to the person at the links I supplied, was trying to get more info, but I can't get past the "Alibaba" or whatever the hell it is to send an e-mail, even though I entered the codes correctly every time {kept telling me the code was incorrect, it WAS correct and I've had this issue with other sites before}, so then I tried to enter a chat with them and it wouldn't let me in unless I was a member of "Alibaba" or whatever it is, then it converted everything to Chinese and I still had not gotten access. I quit trying to attempt contact after that.

So I gave up asking this supplier/MANUFACTURER ANYTHING about their colored Xenon strobe bulbs. Why they can't just go through a regular e-mail channel and NOT use all this code entering crap is annoying at best.

Wanted to ask, since they claim to be a "manufacturer" of Xenon bulbs/tubes, if green or any other color would be available or possible to manufacture. As well as voltages and interchangability of the red or blue spiral strobes in a standard 120vac US strobe fixture/circuit.

If anyone can get access and send this person an e-mail, I say go for it, and see what answers you can get from them.

I just can't get past the Alibaba crap and personally I don't need, or even see a reason to join another list just to get information on a product, and then have my inbox flooded with more adverts I do not want or need!

I got through to both sellers. I'm waiting on a reply now. I became a member for contact reasons. But from what I get. This alibaba.com, is like the eBay of the Asian world, for people who want to sell in small amounts. So there email system is just like eBay's in since, you are emailing through their system. This way to keep yours and the sellers emails private, I guess.

[line]This is what I said to both sellers:

I'm interested in your

I need to know what other colors I can get? What's the voltages and interchangability of the strobes in a standard 120vac US strobe fixture/circuit.

This is an urgent purchase. Please reply within three days.
[line]
We will see what I get back!

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I posted about the neon flex before. 80 leds per meter. Its thick, wont make sharp bends and only controlled as a whole...like the dumb strips. Not pixel driven.

Only arch you are going to get out of it is a solid one.

Here is a video of it in action:

Here is my previous post responce: http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=31816&forum_id=79&jump_to=301654#p301654

Kevin

Cracker wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I posted about the neon flex before. 80 leds per meter. Its thick, wont make sharp bends and only controlled as a whole...like the dumb strips. Not pixel driven.

Only arch you are going to get out of it is a solid one.

Here is a video of it in action:

Here is my previous post responce: http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=31816&forum_id=79&jump_to=301654#p301654

Kevin

THANKS! That's what I'm trying to see! Now I know. I'm scratching that idea.

Ray

Here is a ruff idea. If I use vinyl stick on letters to write my message. I could have the background change colors with the display. So when the display is turning red, blue, etc. The sign will do the same. And when the display is not running, and it cycle through random colors to get attention.

What do other think? Here is a quick sketch I drew.

Attached files 309590=16925-Panel sign.jpg

No edit button!

I'm also thinking, this way if I need to change the FM channel down the road. I just remove the vinyl stickers off, and replace them with the new numbers for the new channel.

Orville wrote:

Well, guess what folks, I FINALLY found COLORED Xenon strobe tubes! So yes, they DO EXIST! So I have to retract my previous statment.

Not sure of their voltages, so can't say if they would or would not work in a standard strobe lamp fixture, but they look like they could.

Here's a link to RED and BLUE Xenon Strobe Tubes (Spiral Tube - 3 pin):
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/529593664/Colourful_Sprial_Xenon_Flash_Tube_Strobe.html

Blue (Standard Strobe Tube 3-pin):
http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/100466550/Xenon_Flash_Tube_Colored.htmlue

Only color I "could not" find was green!

So these look like the bulb glass is colored, but not different inert gas creating different colors? It seems like if it was under a lens it could still mix color?

Neat idea on the sign. Might be suited for small yards though as 300mm X 600 converts to 11.8 X 23.6 inches.

Anyone have one yet?