Light-O-Rama Forums

RGBSB sequence builder, v2

smeighan

Hi all;

I am starting a new thread to talk about the tool that i am developing for creating sequences for rgb devices.

Here are some of the new models

r_s6_t1_3232_cw.gif
s2_t1_3232_barber_150ms.gif
r_s3_t1_3232_tri_100ms.gif
t1_3232_dots.gif
sf_snow_100ms.gif

The rgbsb tool is made up of 3 parts

1) Library of effects for RGB devices. You see this at http://meighan.net/rgbsb (NOTE! bookmark this new web link). I expect this library to get to be into the hundreds. One thing to note , each of my models (spirals, snowflakes, .etc.) have many variables that change the final output. When I finish the tool , there will be slider bars allowing you to make a near infinite combination of effects. All of the variables are there, they just are not exposed to the user yet.

2) A tool to allow you to model your megatree into rgbsb. I call this the target model generator. This tool has a mysql database so that peoples' models can be stored and retrieved. This tool is http://meighan.net/rgbsb/main_login.php. I opened this tool up for a few days last week. I got feedback that helped me to go and address some issues. This tool is currently offline while i work on the database.

3) The last thing the tool does is take your target model and the RGB effects you selected from the library, it then produces an xml file for LSP, Vixen or LOR.
Currently , I have LOR producing a LMS file and importing with no errors. I am in the midst of making an xml file for Vixen. I have not started on LSP.

So for step #1, you can continue to feed me more ideas for effects to go into the library.
Send me a link to a video and the time stamp of the effect you want me to add.
something like in this video http://....., please make rgbsb support
the effect banded vertical 1:47.3 to 1:53
the effect horizontal chase 1:11 to 1:22

Step #2 should come back by this weekend and then you can try creating your RGB megatree.
Step #3, i have asked for anyone who might have a Vixen 2.1 vix file and a video of their display. I can then continue to work on creating the xml output for Vixen. I dont expect to finish that for at least a few weeks.

Eventually i plan on supporting Vixen 2.1.1 and Vixen 3, LOR S2 and LOR S3 and LSP 2 (maybe LSP 1.8).

You can imagine the exponential increase in work for me to supply all of these xml forms. A possible side benefit later this summer is i am thinking i will be able to cross transform between any two sequencers.

we will see

So, if there are any effects you would like to see my tool support, please send me the video link and the time signature of the effect. I will add them into my in box. Someone on another forum requested two effects i had not yet done, they are now finished and added into the library.

thanks
sean

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smeighan

• WilliamS

• ItsMeBobO

• hdracer

I just had a standard 16 channel spiral last year but did have a couple of effects that were both crowd pleasers and allowed me to fill dead space in the beat with one and make the spirals "clap" to the beat with the other.
Dead space single spiral with the rest dimmed is basically the entire first min. but was happy with it.
The "clap" is at 1:54
2 spiral 2:17
"clap" with everything else dimmed 2:41

I've been debating whether or not so switch my spiral tree over to rgb to change the color throughout the show but aside from cost the time to re sequence it has made me hold off. If I could get the same effects and add color plus things like meteor drops and "snowflakes" then I'm game. Looks like a promising tool. Nice work!

Looking forward to the tool being live, the sooner it is the sooner I can start the pixel tree build. Thanks for the hard work on the side your putting into these.

Well, just as i was getting ready to go to bed, i got an idea about how to project pictures onto the tree.

I took the image i use for my avatar (99x139 pixels in a png file) and wrote a new model, picture projection onto the tree.
This means i will be able to also project movies. The problem is getting the resolution small enough. In this case i divided each axis by 5 and just took the rgb value. Better would be to average them, to enhance them, .etc.

But for a first past, not bad

picture_100ms.gif

Sean,
I would like to publicly appologize for being so irrate when you first come here and used our user information. It seems you were trying to do something good we just didn't agree with the method. That being said you make me want to build a pixel tree so bad you program seems very impressive. Good job on your work!

And for all of you who usually thinks we are being bullies don't get used to the nice side Don T won't know what to do with us playing nice :P someone may be apt to have a heart attack or say something goofy.

Drew;

Your picture looks worked better than mine

14578_100ms.gif

Original image size width=128, height=128
14578.jpg

Ok, send me some pictures if you want me to try them
i suggest they have not too many colors , but whatever you send i will post on the web page.

thanks

rescue_653 wrote:

And for all of you who usually thinks we are being bullies don't get used to the nice side Don T won't know what to do with us playing nice :P someone may be apt to have a heart attack or say something goofy.

Goofy? Is that directed at me? Just playing, Donny has helped me a ton with RGB and pixels, didnt see him as a bully.

Sean, you need to stop with all this teasing and get er done!

pikadroo wrote:

smeighan wrote:
Hi all;

I am starting a new thread to talk about the tool that i am developing for creating sequences for rgb devices.

I was thinking last night... would a lava lamp or tetris effect be possible?

Drew

Lava lamp (amorphous blobs) are on my todo list.

tetris is a good thought.