• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBullard

• LightORamaDan

• WilliamS

• Dr. Jones

Top Posters In This Topic

pyromill wrote:

Call me crazy but someone else mentioned using dmx on the controllers. Without a computer using a industry standard dmx lighting console would most likely do exactly what you want to do. And with a computer and a way to connect up there is lots of software out there both free and way too much imho. Somewhere like Musician's friend, pssl.com etc you might be able to pickup one cheap. Might not hurt to check ebay, music shops around town and pawn shops either.

Yes i did

I believe this might be the only way possible to do what the op requested. I know the lower end consoles (American DJ, Elation, and the like) have a microphone input that controls lighting quasi real time. as do several of their moving lights

There are two software packages that come to mind.

Freestyler http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/sound_2_light This software package will actually take a track or mic in and convert Hih's mid's Etc to DMX. this could then be fed into a LOR controller to give you the result you are looking for.

DMXControll http://www.dmxcontrol.org/features.html will also perform the same action.

Again - this COULD be done with the above SOFTWARE and LOR Hardware, but none of this would use LOR software.

JBullard wrote:

How do you assign bass, middle and high freg in the vu wizard.

This can be done by making several audio files in Audacity.
The high pass and low pass filters remove unwanted frequencies from the audio. Filter out the bands and save each with its own name. Then in SE make each the audio file and then use the VU wizard. Eventually you put back the source audio file.
I have used this to assign certain frequencies to props. Sometimes I also reduce the db on parts of a file so the VU does not pick it up at all.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

JBullard wrote:
How do you assign bass, middle and high freg in the vu wizard.

This can be done by making several audio files in Audacity.
The high pass and low pass filters remove unwanted frequencies from the audio. Filter out the bands and save each with its own name. Then in SE make each the audio file and then use the VU wizard. Eventually you put back the source audio file.
I have used this to assign certain frequencies to props. Sometimes I also reduce the db on parts of a file so the VU does not pick it up at all.

Excuse Me? I do NOT want to know how to do this. I was responding to another post that inferred the VU wizard would do this and control the lights in REAL time. I was asking him how he did that.

It appears that the OP has dropped out of the conversation. To clearly answer his questions, there isn't a real-time function in LOR either software or hardware.

Dan