Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Instant Sequence questions

awardblvr

It is possible to get good sequences with Instant Sequence if you do "sequence by selection" and change the themes etc every 20 seconds or so. This sequence below was done entirely with Instant Sequence:

Also a favorite of mine that I use for 10-20 seconds in several of my sequences is to set all rows to TCM 1 and set TCM 1 to the following:

Theme: Star burst

Color: Native

Color by time: Not by time

Movement: None

Intensity: 100%

You will get patterns that move across the ribbons according to the music.

Below is "Rock Ye Merry Gentlemen", 3:06 - 4:00 is done all with Instant Sequence. But I admit it takes some time to get settings that do what you want. But in this sequence much of it was done by setting all ribbons to the same TCM.

“Also a favorite of mine that I use for 10-20 seconds in several of my sequences is to set all rows to TCM 1 and set TCM 1 to the following:   Theme: Star burst -Color: Native-Color by time: Not by time-Movement: None-Intensity: 100% - You will get patterns that move across the ribbons according to the music.”

Brian, thanks for this suggestion. I used it on 5 songs for which I did not have time to do a mega tree sequence. Way better than a dark tree. 

• 1 year later...

i had to change the directory of my external hard drive now SS cand find the cipboard, how do i change the directory to the new location so it can find them.

I got my answer.

Edited by jerry72

Is there a way to get the colors to be more random instead of patterned like this? it always go white, purple, green, red then orange.

ss.PNG

Edited by jerry72

ANother question, i have 8 AC controlled pumpkins, when i try and create a prop with them so i can force row, SS will only control one pumpkin.

Unfortunately there is not a random color option. Though you can do "color wheel by effect" and it will step through more colors and step through them more rapidly.

As for only being able to control one pumpkin, check the Unit ID and channel for each pumpkin fixture. You can also check the unit IDs that are being used in the exported file to see if it is using what you expect for the Unit ID and channel of each pumpkin.

As for the big space in the sequencing grid, check the coordinates of each prop and fixture. It should be possible to move them down so they are all together.

• 1 month later...

I had to delete all my props in my viz file in order to get a good sequence. When i had the props, it would only sequence the first item in the prop and not any of the other models. Any idea why that was?

• 1 year later...

I am trying to program smart pixels roof outline.  I have created 3 stings in a group called roof outline.  I select the row of roof outline and try to choose superstar and it gives me a warning "SuperStar supports a maximum width of 360. However, 'Roof Outline' is 700 nodes wide."

How do I get the entire roof outline to be programmed as one unit instead of 2 or 3 different pieces?

Superstar supports a maximum width of 360. There is not a way to make one row that is 700 nodes wide.

What I would suggest is the following:

create your group as 3 strings, each being it's own row. So you end up with 3 rows on the sequencing grid

In instant sequence, set TCM 1 to "rapid fire" trigger type

in "Row assignments to TCM" set row 1 to TCM 1 and set the other 2 rows to "none"

set movement to "Right multi-row"

click on the "timing map" button and set row 1 to "all freqs"

Click on "sequence all" or "sequence selection." It should create some effects that "scoots" a pixel across all three rows successively. It will scoot faster during the active parts of the sequence.

Another option is to use "preview" for the arrangement of the group and you can use "auto sequence" to move one or more pixels across the "preview" arrangement. There is a video tutorial on using "auto sequence." Or you can send me an email at brian@superstarlights.com and I can arrange a time to show you how to use it.

I already have the roof outline set up in 3 strings.  The first is roof front left(300pixels), roof right(300 pixels), and roof top left(100 pixels).  I then created a group called the roof outline. 

I am selecting the row roof outline and then right clicking and choosing insert superstar effect.  This is when I am getting the error message.  

If I try to select the 3 individuals strings the sequencer will not allow multiple strings to be selected.  I have tried shift + click, control+click and alt+click.  I still end up with only one string selected.  With that said I don't see how I get to the part about 

In instant sequence, set TCM 1 to "rapid fire" trigger type

in "Row assignments to TCM" set row 1 to TCM 1 and set the other 2 rows to "none"

I can open superstar with only one row selected but that gives me 3 strings that are not working in sync with each other.

Change the arrangement of the group in Preview Editor so that it comes out as three rows on the SuperStar sequencing grid.

4 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Change the arrangement of the group in Preview Editor so that it comes out as three rows on the SuperStar sequencing grid.

I am not sure how to do that.  Currently I have the group as a horizontal stack.

20 minutes ago, smailliw said:

I am not sure how to do that.  Currently I have the group as a horizontal stack.

Change to a vertical stack.