Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Instant Sequence questions

awardblvr

The spiral smooth effect does a spiral on a matrix. But it is a "pinwheel" spiral. You are probably thinking a a spiral that goes round and round on a 360 degree tree. You cannot do that on a 180 degree tree.

• 2 months later...

2 Part question here, first i forgot, whe looking at the sequence grid, what line is #1, bottom or top?

Second, why when i set TCM 1 Row 1 to only say 3 color, Red Green Blue, it plays all 6 colors i have set for TCM 3 Row 3?

When looking at a horizontal sequencing grid line #1 is on the bottom

To use Red, Green and Blue for your colors you should have the "Color" setting for TCM 1 set to "Custom Colors 1 by group" or "Custom Colors 1 by effect.

Then click on the "Set Custom Colors 1" button and set the number of colors to "3" and set the colors to Red, Green, and Blue.

3 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

When looking at a horizontal sequencing grid line #1 is on the bottom

To use Red, Green and Blue for your colors you should have the "Color" setting for TCM 1 set to "Custom Colors 1 by group" or "Custom Colors 1 by effect.

Then click on the "Set Custom Colors 1" button and set the number of colors to "3" and set the colors to Red, Green, and Blue.

Yeah i did that, but for some reason line 1 uses more then the 3 colors. I will mess with it some more and see what i come up with

It could be a bug. Try changing the color settings and see if things change. Then change it back.

11 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

It could be a bug. Try changing the color settings and see if things change. Then change it back.

I think there may be a bug, i changed line 1 to only 1 color, line 1 would be my mini trees, they changed multiple colors, also, when i open the viz file in SS, the roof stripes are connected like a zig zag pattern, even though that is not how i drew them. I will send ya a picture and my Viz file. Thanks.

Awesome help from Brian tonight, zig zag patters in a bug, row changing multiple colors was my mistake, gotta watch that movement line on the Instant Sequence box.

• 3 months later...

There are ways to fade individual effects, or you can select a group of morphs or scenes and change the end color to make them all fade, but I'm thinking you are asking something else. Are you asking if you can select a group of effects and then make them all fade, or make them all dimmer? If that is what you are asking then the answer is that you cannot do that.

Yes, i was wanting to fade up an effect, have it go solid then fade it back down.

Edited by jerry72

For example, to fade up to red and then down using scenes, create a scene with a start color of black, and an end color of red. Then you can create a scene with a start and and end color of red and put it next to the first scene. Then create a scene with a start color of red and an end color of black and put it up next to the second scene. By putting scenes next to each other that way, you can make the fade up be any length you want, have it be full on for any length you want, and then have the fade down be any length you want.

55 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

For example, to fade up to red and then down using scenes, create a scene with a start color of black, and an end color of red. Then you can create a scene with a start and and end color of red and put it next to the first scene. Then create a scene with a start color of red and an end color of black and put it up next to the second scene. By putting scenes next to each other that way, you can make the fade up be any length you want, have it be full on for any length you want, and then have the fade down be any length you want.

AWESOME! Just what i was looking for. Thank you once again Brian.

• 3 months later...

Having a problem with Instant Sequencer. I have used it in the past with no problems, but just updated the software and now Instant Sequencer is only sequencing the first 3 ribbons. I have tried it on my show computer, and the same thing is happening. I re watched the tutorial video to see if I was missing something, but it is still only sequencing the first 3 ribbons. I have tried several audio files also.

35 minutes ago, mcompanik said:

Having a problem with Instant Sequencer. I have used it in the past with no problems, but just updated the software and now Instant Sequencer is only sequencing the first 3 ribbons. I have tried it on my show computer, and the same thing is happening. I re watched the tutorial video to see if I was missing something, but it is still only sequencing the first 3 ribbons. I have tried several audio files also.

Have you changed your configuration order? Sounds like you need to re-import visualization with your current one. I don't do ribbons, but have had that situation with regular strands. Thought I had the correct file - but didn't. 

1 minute ago, Mega Arch said:

Have you changed your configuration order? Sounds like you need to re-import visualization with your current one. I don't do ribbons, but have had that situation with regular strands. Thought I had the correct file - but didn't. 

I am making a new file. I am only using Superstar right now to sequence my mega tree.

Superstar is finicky like that, when you open the instant sequence you have to look at the Row Assignments to TCM as this will dictate what ribbons or strings are affected. You will also have to open the Timing Map (the piano) as this will show what notes or keys when played affects the rows. You really have to play with it to get what you are looking for.

7 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Superstar is finicky like that, when you open the instant sequence you have to look at the Row Assignments to TCM as this will dictate what ribbons or strings are affected. You will also have to open the Timing Map (the piano) as this will show what notes or keys when played affects the rows. You really have to play with it to get what you are looking for.

Yeah - great point. Need to click the set frequency spectrum for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I took another look at the Timing Map, and that is where my problem is. It only populated the first 3 ribbons. I didn't realize that it did that by default. I just clicked the set frequency spectrum and that fixed it. Thank you very much Mr. P and Mega Arch. I knew it had to be something simple.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just upgraded my Software including Superstar Sequencer to allow for me to add DMX channels. I have run into an issue with using instant sequences. I go through all the steps, my Vis file is showing up but when I go to play the sequence in Superstar to see how it turned out, it doesn't play the majority of the channels. I am not sure what I am missing and if it's the Vis file I just created or something else. If someone could help out, I'd appreciate it. I attached a copy of my Vis file.

Thanks,

Jim

2016_Christmas.lee