Light-O-Rama Forums

Roll Call

Guest Guest

It works! I am so excited! Show started as scheduled. 22,000 LEDs on a 570 square foot house with .050 acres is really bright!! Using 19amps of power peak, going by my meter.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Papa-LF

• JoeKinne

• BrownOut

• Caleb Linburg

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have everything up but i ran through a few songs tonight I love how year after year I havent had a single problem with my 1602w

No :D Tried to do too much with too little time. I am hoping for next weekend.I also have one controller acting strange, trying to figure it out.

Robsaus wrote:

Not even close. Wife had back surgery on Monday so that put me three days behind... I hope to finish up this weekend. She's home now and doing great.

Hope that the wife is doing better. Ya, I see whats going on here. Unless the wife is there supervising, aint nothing going to get done. :D

Guest Don Gillespie

Is anybody really ready, I am just in test mode now everything is almost up I have another 6 days untill light up, but the beauty is all controllers seem to be working fine, did a plug and test last night a few minor tweaks with some sequences and we are good to go. :D

I'm ready. But we won't flip the switch til Sunday night. So, meanwhile, I'm working on another sequence. Hoping to have it ready by show time.

*fingers crossed* My first show starts in 59 minutes! I'm still going to add a couple sequences and redo my voice over, but it's good enough to make some lights blink and draw attention.

Ran a few additional tests tonight after moving controllers around to different circuits due to "lights flickering" in the house when the show was running. Finally found a circuit that works.

While running my show I found out that my sequencing sucks (first year). I plan on tweaking tonight (along with adding about 4 songs), put out my sign, and then flip the switch either tomorrow night or Sunday night. But so far, so good.

Started up tonight, found out my sign is almost unreadable (the backlit box I made is to shallow and doesn't have enough lights in it) Other than that we area running 2 songs right now and will add (hopefully) 4 more within a couple of days if I can get the visualizer working correctly.

Happily we have already started to get traffic and compliments and a couple of people have stopped to take pictures.

Show started right on time last night!

Then I heard the crackling, and the outdoor speakers died. I rushed to my car, turned to the radio station, and cranked it up. Then went to the basement where my amp is to discover it smoking! *sigh* 2 years... 2 amps. Back to "Plan B" (which should just be my "Plan A")

Still a few kinks to work out, including why the beginning of sequences are slow, then they catch up. On songs that worked perfectly last year, too. I think it's the SD card that I'm using in the DC-MP3.