• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mf123

• bisquit476

• Max-Paul

• The Pest

Can you take a couple of REALLY CLOSE macro photos of the solder joints? I agree with another post, from what I can see, it looks like too much solder and most of the joints look like "Cold solder joint" to me. Also, it is sounding like you probably burned out some circuitry already and may need repair.

Soldering a circuit board requires more skills than you exhibit in your posting skills. What is "tec teature". And that was just one of many examples. Is english your second language? As for soldering, you need to talk to someone to help teach you how to. The common advice most of us give to starters/beginners. Is that you need to practice your soldering on cheap kits from say Radio Shack. Also you need to do some searches for say videos of how to solder.
Board appears to be a mess, but the quality of the pictures make it hard to say for sure. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I will give you a that a boy for trying.

Matt,

I see most are trying to be helpful here. Don't be down because you don't know any better and you don't have to apologize for anything, we were all there at one time or another. There are lots of good people here to help and LOR will always fix or replace for you as was said.

Craig

I find it really hard to get good photos of PCB's unless you have really good light. I find it works best close to a window during the day. The more daylight the better.

Max, I really dont think insulting his language skills is goning to get his board fixed.

Believe it or not, people can enjoy the hobby without an engineering degree and even lousy spelling.

Matt-

The soldering did look a bit rough. Its impossible to say looking at your pictures, but IF there were multiple shorts on the board, there is a chance some parts are dammaged.

I would find someone who can help reflow, and remove the excess solder, remove any accidential joints, check over all the chip orientation, and then re-test the board.

Hopefully the short was on the transformer, and its was powered down fast enough NOT to fry.

If the short was on the microprocessor, thats probably going to need replacment.

The chip mounted in the center top of the board. It's about 1/4" wide and 1" long with about 14 pins on each side. It's the brain of the system.

jeffl wrote:

Light is the key,

Some better lighting sure would help, as well as much slower camera movements. Got dizzy watching that.

Even better would be natural daylight, which would prevent the glare spots.

Also if your camera has a "Macro" setting would be good.

So far we just can't see well enough to help ypu.