• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBullard

• shfr26

• Paul Roberson

• Don

Guest Don Gillespie

JBullard wrote:

Except Don no longer has 2.9.4 on his computer. He up graded to 3.0.2 earlier this afternoon.

Update thread moved to the hardware section still no luck with the HWU recogonizing the new controllers no problem with the old contollers

Guest Don Gillespie

Things I noticed but I am not sure if they make a difference, first of all when you plug the Cat5 cable into the old controllers the plug in is different than the new controller, secondly there is a little box in the middle of the controllers on the old controllers there are numbers on it on the new controllers there are no numbers it looks as though there is glue or something on them, not sure if this affects the operation of the controllers.

A box in the middle of the board with numbers or no numbers? The transformer? Or the chip where the Logo would be? And I see the Cat5 sockets are flipped.. same place, just flipped, the release tab is on the bottom rather than the top..

The Gen 3 boards look to be stripped down even more. Maybe its missing to many parts to work.:shock::?

You have upgraded to S3 and the HWU still won't recognize the gen3 boards?

Guest Don Gillespie

TJ Hvasta wrote:

A box in the middle of the board with numbers or no numbers? The transformer? Or the chip where the Logo would be? And I see the Cat5 sockets are flipped.. same place, just flipped, the release tab is on the bottom rather than the top..

yes thats right, it could be the transformer I am not sure what that is but on the old controllers you can see that they are clean and neat these on the new controllers seemed used ??????

Guest Don Gillespie

Paul Roberson wrote:

The Gen 3 boards look to be stripped down even more. Maybe its missing to many parts to work.:shock::?

You have upgraded to S3 and the HWU still won't recognize the gen3 boards?

Thats right upgraded yesterday the HWU still won't reconize the new controllers Dan had me try to hook up an old controller and then remove the Cat5 line and plug into the new controller I did that and the new controller LED kept flashing it wouldn't stay on solid like the old controller I haven't heard back from Dan yet still waiting

Guest Don Gillespie

UPDATE :D

I used my laptop ( I have no idea why I decided to try this) to set the ID numbers on my new controllers guess what, worked perfectly, so then I hooked everything up to my main computer and tried to locate the new controllers and guess what it worked I must have a bad HWU on my main computer I have no clue but everything is working fine thanks to all who tried to help, once I let Dan know I am sure he will be able to cross one more burden off his list.

i had the same problem. it finally worked. i still get unknown device. when i try a sequence . that i know works. the lights that i hooked on the new controller don't respond like it should.

Guest wbottomley

drmm wrote:

i had the same problem. it finally worked. i still get unknown device. when i try a sequence . that i know works. the lights that i hooked on the new controller don't respond like it should.

You have or had the same problem?

i have the same setup .same problems. i changed the new controller ID.utility's finds my 4 units but says unknown device. when i run a sequence. the 3 older controllers responds like they should. the gen 3 doesn't. the lights response isn't close at all. i am having communication problems with this controller.